Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tktaylor6)
    centripetal force is the total resultant force not a force itself man!
    ahhh

ReputationRep:
    yea sonja your correct, its RESULTANT force, trust me i just finished M3 and revised like crazy for that lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    wasn't that what they put under visable light? - by the way - what wavelength did you guys put for visable? i put 5x10^-7 - is that in the range?
    For the visible light wasnt that just annswered later on in a differant question?

ReputationRep:
    yea sonja your correct, its RESULTANT force, trust me i just finished M3 and revised like crazy for that lol
    Good good

I did think of M3 for that question! It's so helpful doing maths and physics together.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, thanks both of you...

but at least after PHY6 I can forget about physics forever

ReputationRep:
    well i also put 5 x 10^-7 and to be honest none of the others were a range just a value within the range and that was in in the visible light range so why wouldnt we get the marks mr phil23

ReputationRep:
    haha im off to do a physics degree, even if i wasnt i wouldnt want to forget physics forever, like my old physics teacher used to say "this isnt on your sylubus...but its good to know!"

ReputationRep:
    haha im off to do a physics degree, even if i wasnt i wouldnt want to forget physics forever, like my old physics teacher used to say "this isnt on your sylubus...but its good to know!"
    nope, im glad to be rid of it... I'm doing Economics and Maths, I can't do Physics at all, but suppirsingly I'm quite good at Maths (I have 100 in C1, 97 in C2, and 89 in both S1 and M1) Although unlike a lot of the others on this board, I go to a regular state school... there's a big difference

state as in government run.. there's some confusion between private, public, and state..

ReputationRep:
    i jus realized i used 9.8cos4 for accelaration instead of sin4
    does anyone remember how many marks it was worth? 2?

thats a SHAME for me doing M1-3 n loving it too :p:

ReputationRep:
    i also go to a regular state school and it has a 75% U average i had to do all my maths of my won back inculding p1-6 m1-6 s1 s2 d1 and all 3 step papers, mathmatical ability has nthing to do with the school you go too

ReputationRep:
    i also go to a regular state school and it has a 75% U average i had to do all my maths of my won back inculding p1-6 m1-6 s1 s2 d1 and all 3 step papers, mathmatical ability has nthing to do with the school you go too
    WHOA

r u at uni??

ReputationRep:
    i didn't find the paper that bad.....it was wuite alright....but there were no calcs fom energy level diags and all....they sort of missed out all the important things that everyone learnt.......i mean where was interference????

ReputationRep:
    no no just finishing of A2's but i onyl got a few left to take, when i say did, i mean learn them without a teacher, i just didnt bother to go in in the end, only got p5 p6 ,m4 m5 m6 and the 2 steps left, hope i do well lol

ReputationRep:
    ....i put IR as 10^-6
    i put microwaves for the other one-the electriacal oscillations? any idea if it's right?

ReputationRep:
    those are some next level xams... hardcore...r u gonna do maths next yr..bit of a stupid Q me thinkz

ReputationRep:
    if that question bout maths was aimed at me, nahh im gonna do physics next year man

ReputationRep:
    if that question bout maths was aimed at me, nahh im gonna do physics next year man
    skeeni...but ive read that at uni u cant differentiate them i.e. mafs bcomes fysix...SCARY

ReputationRep:
    i mean fysix bcomes mafs...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonja)
    Yes they both act downwards. But the centripetal force is the resultant force, of both the weight and the reaction. Hence (taking downwards to be positive) centripetal force = weight - reaction force.

I'm not entirely sure about that though.
    aghhh - i added teh forces - how dumb of me!

ReputationRep:
    Because this was a resit for me and now i think ive dun worse than b4 (thanks Eco!!!) ...how will it turn out on ma final results sheet (dreadin the day)..will they automatically take the higher mark of the 2??

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.