Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What did people think of it? Those 2 and a quarter hours went so quickly! It was over before you knew it! A good paper ruined by thermosetting plastics but made up for it by the easy moles questions!

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA Spec B.

Was fairly easy...but some questions were very stupid and some actually made you think.

Moles was pee!

ReputationRep:
    i thought that paper was slightly harder then the past two years but moles was good, i knew about thermosoftening and thermosetting but the damn question on the identification pissed me off!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzieD)
    i thought that paper was slightly harder then the past two years but moles was good, i knew about thermosoftening and thermosetting but the damn question on the identification pissed me off!!!
    Yeah...they put a stupid identification one every year!! Last year, it only a 2 marker...this year 5 marks! FIVE! Just like the 2003 paper...

I think it was harder than 2004 and 2003 because of some of the questions. Incidentally, grade boundaries will be lower I think.

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt remember what a yellow flame was for goddamnit! I could remember the two that werent on (typical) but didnt know the two that were on! Anyway, for the yellow i put sodium chloride. It was worth a try. Could be your lucky day, as ive always been told

ReputationRep:
    yeh i agree it was harder than 2004 and 2003, so the grade boundaries should be lower hopefully a lot lower lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yeh i agree it was harder than 2004 and 2003, so the grade boundaries should be lower hopefully a lot lower lol
    There's already a thread on this topic.

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty good. Does anyone know what the hazard symbol was? That was so weird. It had an X and then a n. Wat the hell is a n?

But apart frm tht all was well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipflop2)
    It was pretty good. Does anyone know what the hazard symbol was? That was so weird. It had an X and then a n. Wat the hell is a n?

But apart frm tht all was well.
    n=Harmful Check syllabus if u dnt believe

ReputationRep:
    wat did u all think? i thort it was pretty hard + loads of the questions were really stupid....ne1 agree?

thanx

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was pretty simple, what question did you feel were weird?

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad I didn't think well will have to see on results day.

ReputationRep:
    HARMFUL!! damn i put it but i thort that had a h coz irritant has a little 'i' so i crossed it out and just put dangerous, but i always make a point of just lightly crossing stuff out so the marker can see that i was right if something i did before was right but i crossed it out, makes no diff, but it makes me feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Well I thought it was much harder than both the 2003 and 2004 exams. I also believe (as with Biology) that it stuck very strictly to only specific parts of the sylabus. It really p*sses me off when they do that.....becuase it tends to be all my weakest areas they focus in-depth on!

ReputationRep:
    All I can say is that the grade boundaries had better be much lower this year - compared to 2003/2004 this years paper was much harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    Well I thought it was much harder than both the 2003 and 2004 exams. I also believe (as with Biology) that it stuck very strictly to only specific parts of the sylabus. It really p*sses me off when they do that.....becuase it tends to be all my weakest areas they focus in-depth on!
    yeh there wasnt much variety at all, no rocks(which yeh i hate, but i would ahve liked them as i went out of my way to spend extra time on, as i hate them so never really learnt them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yeh there wasnt much variety at all, no rocks(which yeh i hate, but i would ahve liked them as i went out of my way to spend extra time on, as i hate them so never really learnt them)
    No alkanes/alkenes (not really), no drawing of ionic/covalent bonds, no hard/soft water (in fact NO water full stop!), no crude oil, nothing about metallic/ionic structures, no Newlands or Bronsted/Lowry/Arrhenius....the list goes on!

ReputationRep:
    there was crude oil it was question one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    there was crude oil it was question one!
    Question 1 was the HCL graph :confused:

ReputationRep:
    But yes, there was a question about Fractional Distillation/splitting of hydrocarbons into fractions....but nothing on the actual processes.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.