Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sweeter? How do you define that? Ok, I can't even really remember the question now! Um, what was it again? And then I'll know why you put sweeter? Can you remember whether you drew the line on the beginning graph above or below the previous one?
    Urgh, I can't believe how bad my Biology went. It was interesting though I thought, they put Eutrophication on both Chem and Bio papers. In Biology it was sewers (which I absolutely ballsed up, and in Chem it was the nitrates - yey!)

ReputationRep:
    gave up lol
    poor guy

ReputationRep:
    but i think i put something like 0.3moles in the 50g pack of something i dont remember i was crossing out loads of stuff, lol
    Yeah I put 0.3 moles as well. And then the next one, it was like how many moles of oxygen will there be, but I think I messed up and got confused, which wouldn't have been so bad, but the next question was related to that answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Yeah I put 0.3 moles as well. And then the next one, it was like how many moles of oxygen will there be, but I think I messed up and got confused, which wouldn't have been so bad, but the next question was related to that answer.
    oh good you put 0.3 too, i made myself sound indefiinite in case it was wrong and i was the only one, but that IS actually the only real answer i remember because it just seemed wrong, lol, seriously dont know about the rest, there were too many of them that it just got tiresome and boring, lol

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, that's why I think I probably only got about half of them although there was this one mole question, and I swear to god I got this HUGE answer, it was like in the 3000s or something, and I was like Jesus that can't be right! But then I was like, oh, maybe it's an industrial process, hence big scale etc...but I can't remember whether I did it again or not....

ReputationRep:
    i put 0.3 too......but i forgotten wat i did for the others.....remember being very confused tho

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, that's why I think I probably only got about half of them although there was this one mole question, and I swear to god I got this HUGE answer, it was like in the 3000s or something, and I was like Jesus that can't be right! But then I was like, oh, maybe it's an industrial process, hence big scale etc...but I can't remember whether I did it again or not....
    lol i remember getting a number like that a one point, i remember sitting there doin different calculations tryin to find a number that looked relatively nice,so to make it correct, lol, but alas i never got one, so just gave up and put down some random calculated number

ReputationRep:
    lol. Tis the way it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebadboy2k1)
    gave up lol
    poor guy
    it was soo funny, there he was next to me in between crying and laughing out loud coz he had no clue, lol, he came just saying 'sh*t, that was good ennit'

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I found that too, there was a question about 6 tons of something, and the answer was really big (seemed too large to be true) but I put it anyway thinking the same as you - "well, it is an industrial process!"

Regarding the glucose>>>fructose, I *think* the question was why is glucose converted to fructose for use in slimming foods? The fact that it is sweeter means it can be used in a smaller quantity, hence less calories.

ReputationRep:
    Can you remember whether you drew the line on the beginning graph above or below the previous one?
    I drew the line *above* the original one. I am now not going to look at this thread again because I do not want to know if I got it wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Sweeter? How do you define that? Ok, I can't even really remember the question now! Um, what was it again? And then I'll know why you put sweeter? Can you remember whether you drew the line on the beginning graph above or below the previous one?
    Urgh, I can't believe how bad my Biology went. It was interesting though I thought, they put Eutrophication on both Chem and Bio papers. In Biology it was sewers (which I absolutely ballsed up, and in Chem it was the nitrates - yey!)
    Damn! for that question i talked about bad health and 'blue baby' syndrome when the water is drunk--do u think ill stell get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    ummm no comment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    ummm no comment
    Wts tht suppose to mean? :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divine89)
    Wts tht suppose to mean? :wtf?:
    lol you know what i mean, lol

no comment coz i dont know thats all, lol

ReputationRep:
    Damn! for that question i talked about bad health and 'blue baby' syndrome when the water is drunk--do u think ill stell get the mark?
    Actually, I shoved something in about Blue Baby Syndrome as well, but I don't think it was what they were specifically looking for, because it didn't really ask for that much detail, so maybe, maybe not. It was only 2/3 marks anyway.

seaspray, I understand the fructose thingy now Makes clear sense, I didn't have a clue so I put something really stupid like it contained less Hydrogen, and thus, was less gassy, made people feel less 'blown out'?! Wtf?! lol. Thanks for the input on the graph also. What about everyone else on the first graph?

ReputationRep:
    The boundary will probably be lower - chem teacher said after the exam. Only a bit lower though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final_F)
    The boundary will probably be lower - chem teacher said after the exam. Only a bit lower though.
    What I am worried about though, is that AQA rarely bother to change the boundaries. I have read quite a few of their "examiners reports" and most say "blah blah blah AQA do not feel the need to change the grade boundaries which were set for the previous year"

Apparently they have stuck the same in Chemistry for 4 years in a row, so I doubt they will change them this year There's probably too much paperwork involved in changing them!

ReputationRep:
    Oh well...all we can do is wait.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well...all we can do is wait.
    Yep Good luck for the few remaining everyone!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.