Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kato_88)
    Neither me, i messed up the formula thing too but a lot of people put what you put so perhaps it is right after all?
    f2 is only in pairs wen it is on its own as a gas so it is PtXeF6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    f2 is only in pairs wen it is on its own as a gas so it is PtXeF6
    i hope u r right coz even tho it is only a id have probs only lost a mark(correct workin), its bin buggin me all day
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    i hope u r right coz even tho it is only a id have probs only lost a mark(correct workin), its bin buggin me all day
    cheers
    soz ignore my last post i hope u r right coz id have probs only lost a mark(correct workin), but its bin buggin me all day

ReputationRep:

what are u talking about, ppl?Is it OCR B staged assestment or something else?
    I did this and thought it was fairly easy. How did people find Biology, because apparently there is always one really hard one out of the three and I hope its not physics!

ReputationRep:
    i just thought it was a crap paper in general in terms of questions asked. I mean, "why don't scientists publish their ideas?"and the difference between geologist and polymer scientist?....why not ask us things that require actual chemical knowledge and that we spent ages revisin on? problem is with these sorts of questions, there can be so many right or wrong answers, and that jst made me anxious after the exam
    Definately, I never know how to answer the vague questions, whether to put in detail that doesn't seem relavant or whatever! The question about why their work hadn't been published-so annoying!
    Someone I know who took foundation said one of the questions was like 'scientists communicate with email or phone....name one other method of communication' !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noofruit)
    I did this and thought it was fairly easy. How did people find Biology, because apparently there is always one really hard one out of the three and I hope its not physics!
    i did this, biology and chem, very very easy

now i know that im gona hav to work hard if i want a good physics results, cuz we been lucky with 2 easy ones
    physics...will be my downfall once again

ReputationRep:
    Definately, I never know how to answer the vague questions, whether to put in detail that doesn't seem relavant or whatever! The question about why their work hadn't been published-so annoying!
    Someone I know who took foundation said one of the questions was like 'scientists communicate with email or phone....name one other method of communication' !!!!
    iknow , it is pointless. Does anyone know whether the answer to the very first question was carbon, or hydrocarbons?

ReputationRep:
    I put hydrocarbons. Not sure if it's right though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Les Mcqueen)
    I put hydrocarbons. Not sure if it's right though.
    yeh it threw me coz it said 'substance' which made me think carbon because i thought of hydrocarbons as more of a collection of substances

ReputationRep:
    It threw most people I know, including me, because it was badly worded I think.

ReputationRep:
    i just thought it was a crap paper in general in terms of questions asked. I mean, "why don't scientists publish their ideas?"and the difference between geologist and polymer scientist?....why not ask us things that require actual chemical knowledge and that we spent ages revisin on? problem is with these sorts of questions, there can be so many right or wrong answers, and that jst made me anxious after the exam

ReputationRep:
    sorry ignore that last post i posted twice, damn yeah i put carbon instead of hydrocarbon

ReputationRep:
    For the one which said 'what gas is it' right at the end, I put Hydrogen...but I think you were right, I think it was Carbon Dioxide oops

ReputationRep:
    I did foundation and I can confirm that we did get that question - it's just ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I put hydrocarbons. Surely it would have said "which element?" if it were referring to Carbon? I'm probably wrong.

ReputationRep:
    it was carbon dioxide - cos it was magnesium carbonate the substance
    I put this too but i had no idea for the last part of that q (what type of reaction it was) - i put displacement ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali p)
    I put this too but i had no idea for the last part of that q (what type of reaction it was) - i put displacement ???
    I think it was neutralisation because calcium carbonate is an alkali...not too sure

ReputationRep:
    calcium carbonate
    Don't you mean magnesium carbonate???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali p)
    Don't you mean magnesium carbonate???
    yep sorry!

ReputationRep:
    No probs! just felt like pointing it out you know

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.