Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey,
    need some help from people who r at Oxford please......r there any B+Bs there? cos I rang up my college and they won't accomodate me for weds nite cos 'it's too late' and thinking about it.....thurs morning is too much trouble....so i still wanna go on weds night.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Oxford, and yes of course there are B&Bs here . You may also be interested in the Youth Hostel, which is right next to the railway station (obviously very handy if you're coming by train).

Try here for other accommodation:
    http://www.oxford.gov.uk/oxford/tour...nt=99&Expand=1

Be warned that anywhere affordable is likely to be a bus journey from the city centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    hey,
    need some help from people who r at Oxford please......r there any B+Bs there? cos I rang up my college and they won't accomodate me for weds nite cos 'it's too late' and thinking about it.....thurs morning is too much trouble....so i still wanna go on weds night.
    Which college is this? Its discraceful that they won't accomodate you the night before your interview - I am pretty sure they're under an obligation to do so.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Which college is this? Its discraceful that they won't accomodate you the night before your interview - I am pretty sure they're under an obligation to do so.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    This is Queen's I'm afraid. well it is partly my fault seeing as I returned the green slip like 2 weeks ago telling them that I'll be arriving at 10am in Thurs. but i agree, I thought that they'd make an effort to arrange something.....but nope! do u think it's possible to stay with my friend at Hertford? or is it just one per room?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    I live in Oxford, and yes of course there are B&Bs here . You may also be interested in the Youth Hostel, which is right next to the railway station (obviously very handy if you're coming by train).

Be warned that anywhere affordable is likely to be a bus journey from the city centre.
    Thank u for your help, much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    This is Queen's I'm afraid. well it is partly my fault seeing as I returned the green slip like 2 weeks ago telling them that I'll be arriving at 10am in Thurs. but i agree, I thought that they'd make an effort to arrange something.....but nope! do u think it's possible to stay with my friend at Hertford? or is it just one per room?!
    I shouldn't think so - it'll violate some health and safety regulation or other. If I were you, before booking a B+B I would ring Queens' and beg them to find you a room. Say you have had a change in personal circumstances or something. I bet they have enough rooms, they're probably just being arsey about it. If I was still in oxford you could have had my floor, but sadly I'm not

Good luck with your interviews, and finding somewhere to stay!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    I shouldn't think so - it'll violate some health and safety regulation or other. If I were you, before booking a B+B I would ring Queens' and beg them to find you a room. Say you have had a change in personal circumstances or something. I bet they have enough rooms, they're probably just being arsey about it. If I was still in oxford you could have had my floor, but sadly I'm not

Good luck with your interviews, and finding somewhere to stay!!!

awwww......its ok, thanx neway! but i'm not ringing the posh people at Queen's again I don't think. lol cya

xxx

ReputationRep:

tell me bout it......i've just realised everything costs around £100 a night. can u tell me abit about the Youth Hostel.....is it dodgy? I'm not sure if it's a good idea....dunno what to expect. lol Thanx

ReputationRep:
    tell me bout it......i've just realised everything costs around £100 a night. can u tell me abit about the Youth Hostel.....is it dodgy? I'm not sure if it's a good idea....dunno what to expect. lol Thanx
    The Youth Hostel is only a couple of years old, and from what I've heard it's very smart as hostels go, and professionally-run, more like a hotel (although obviously I haven't stayed there as I live in Oxford already). You do have to be a YHA member, but you can join on arrival for about a tenner.

ReputationRep:
    The Youth Hostel is only a couple of years old, and from what I've heard it's very smart as hostels go, and professionally-run, more like a hotel (although obviously I haven't stayed there as I live in Oxford already). You do have to be a YHA member, but you can join on arrival for about a tenner.
    Thanx again!

ReputationRep:
    awwww......its ok, thanx neway! but i'm not ringing the posh people at Queen's again I don't think. lol cya

xxx
    Ah! Are you going to still be there on Saturday?! I'm arriving a day early at Queen's...

Yes, they are very scary. As soon as they heard my subj, they knew my name (terrifying) and they then hung up on me before I could ask the rest of my questions. Quite petrifying, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mussed)
    Ah! Are you going to still be there on Saturday?! I'm arriving a day early at Queen's...

Yes, they are very scary. As soon as they heard my subj, they knew my name (terrifying) and they then hung up on me before I could ask the rest of my questions. Quite petrifying, really.
    hey. i just stepped thru the door from oxford........what a tiring few days........queen's is soooo gorgeous, food is the best u'll find, the place is pretty, rooms r big and nice and warm, they make ur beds every morning, its proper hotel style......and the ppl r REALLY nice-i was so surprised. wot course r u applying for? gd luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mussed)

however.........some ppl r really pompous......only a few decent people u can talk to.....but thanx 2 them i had a gd time in general.

ReputationRep:
    hey. i just stepped thru the door from oxford........what a tiring few days........queen's is soooo gorgeous, food is the best u'll find, the place is pretty, rooms r big and nice and warm, they make ur beds every morning, its proper hotel style......and the ppl r REALLY nice-i was so surprised. wot course r u applying for? gd luck
    Haha they give interviewees all the best food, all the best rooms and give them 'hotel-style' service to encourage them to choose the college. The story changes once you arrive lol!!!!! No bed-making for lowly students

ReputationRep:
    Haha they give interviewees all the best food, all the best rooms and give them 'hotel-style' service to encourage them to choose the college. The story changes once you arrive lol!!!!! No bed-making for lowly students

omg......ur kidding me......... :'( thats such lies then, lol.....but i was so impressed. i should have guessed it was a fix. but apparently Queen's still do the best food. i actually figured that the food was deliberately made to look good 4 us. so......any advice u can give me now? i gotta wait till next wk to find out whether they want me or not. i wasn't asked for extra interviews-only 3ppl were..... :s

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.