Turn on thread page Beta

Ever noticed how revision makes you tidy up? :D watch

ReputationRep:
    lol, I was talking about it with my teacher on Tuesday.
    Whenever I know I got revision to do I always think... it would be easier if I tidyed up first lol. Or sorted out this or rearanged that.... guess its the minds way of constructively avoiding revision.

Revision also makes me really tired... I also notice sometimes when I read I read but don't read... I sort of just process the individul words when I am tired and then have to re-read the passage and can't even remember reading it lol.

I am so lazy

ReputationRep:
    Very true for me. My room has not been so spotless clean ever .

ReputationRep:
    damn true... even i feel it most of da time... especially las minute studyin......

ReputationRep:
    Not for me, I can't do anything productive when I'm supposed to be revising because then it's like I'm actually doing something else when I should be doing all this work, so I just procrastinate aimlessly (I'll just make a cup of tea...have a look at TSR...listen to that song...).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplin)
    Whenever I know I got revision to do I always think... it would be easier if I tidyed up first lol. Or sorted out this or rearanged that.... guess its the minds way of constructively avoiding revision.

Revision also makes me really tired... I also notice sometimes when I read I read but don't read... I sort of just process the individul words when I am tired and then have to re-read the passage and can't even remember reading it lol.

I am so lazy
    Yes yes yes yes yes! I even sorted the clothes in my wardrobe into colour order! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's much easier to sit there, write in your diary, cross things off, tick things here and there, put your papers into chronological order, check your e-mails and ... oops, it's time for bed. It's called procrastination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    Not for me, I can't do anything productive when I'm supposed to be revising because then it's like I'm actually doing something else when I should be doing all this work, so I just procrastinate aimlessly (I'll just make a cup of tea...have a look at TSR...listen to that song...).
    thats exactly me, i can't do real work especially with the computer, coz i cant revise in my room coz i'll wanna sleep, lol, so i revise in the front room, and computer is just there on standby , damn broadband! emails,tsr, itunes,random google searches, googling yourself and looking at every site can tkae like a whole day

ReputationRep:
    I make a reat deal of mess when revising. Very unorganised.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see my carpet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplin)

I am so lazy
    Same thing happens here (the two paragraphs you typed). If there are no exams, my desk will have a pile of junk, lol. I really hate it when I just process the individual words, and this means it will take a long time knowing it. If you know the stuff, you don't have to use those individual words, instead you can make the textbook words into your own words, while retaining the meaning of the topic.

ReputationRep:
    It's called procrastination.
    What a nice name for an excuse from working.

ReputationRep:
    For me it's the opposite. Since I went on study leave on 20th May, my room has looked like a bombsite. It's great, because my mother doesn't nag me to keep it clean as she usually does because she says it would be better for me to revise. As soon as my exams finish I'll be forced to tidy it. Meh.

Actually it is gettng quite annoying having to step over zillions of things just to get to my computer, to my bed, to my wardrobe. Oh well. Only two weeks left and then I will no longer have a hovel-like room.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, yes! My room is only ever tidy when I have exams, although it's a bit messy at the moment because I was looking for my food tech revision book earlier. But yes, exams make me tidy, not just my room but everywhere else I go in the house, I have to make things organised. And I'm normally really really messy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    I can't see my carpet.
    Lol. :dito: I have various piles of notes and book and random crap everywhere!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, exactly the opposite for me. After finishing exams, I just toss all my books and revision guides on the floor, where I'm considering building a small bonfire.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot work in a mess....which is maybe why I don't work much...because I'm a messy person!

I go through phases of tidying up...but it never lasts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    Lol, exactly the opposite for me. After finishing exams, I just toss all my books and revision guides on the floor, where I'm considering building a small bonfire.
    remember, put lots of petrol on it before setting it on fire.

you have home insurance, right? ^_^

ReputationRep:
    i think that is so true. I always think that once my room is tidy i will be able to sit down and revise. then i just end up getting distracted by something else!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplin)

I am so lazy
    lol OMG..., I thought it was just me! Yees i really do tidy up it makes things much more clearer and psychologically your more prepared and it helps also too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Lol. :dito: I have various piles of notes and book and random crap everywhere!
    :ditto: I have clothes and stuff too and my suitcase which adds to further procrastination by leading to endless daydreaming about future holiday.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.