Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so how'd you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    so how'd you find it?
    Could have been better, could have been worse...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonja)
    I''m just really nrevous about those explaining ones - hate writing - i'm crap at it! - i wrote extra stuff just for the sake of it Hoping that i meet a llot of points on their markschemes - that is what i hate - they phrase it in such a way in the markschemes that you may not get a mark even if you know what the answer is

pk

ReputationRep:
    so how'd you find it?
    I CHOSE THE THIRD OPTION BUT PPL KEEP GETTIN DIFFERENT STUFF 2 ME...

ReputationRep:
    I''m just really nrevous about those explaining ones - hate writing - i'm crap at it! - i wrote extra stuff just for the sake of it Hoping that i meet a llot of points on their markschemes - that is what i hate - they phrase it in such a way in the markschemes that you may not get a mark even if you know what the answer is

pk
    Exactly! I was doing a past paper yesterday and I looked at the answers and I didn't get a lot of the marks, because I hadn't explicitly stated what they wanted, even though I had understood it

ReputationRep:
    phy4 hard in terms of unusual questions
    phy5 easy as the practical experiment = easy [high marks] and transformer bit was easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    phy4 hard in terms of unusual questions
    phy5 easy as the practical experiment = easy [high marks] and transformer bit was easy
    Yeah I agree!! PHY 4 had some weird explaining questions and I dunno wat they did with all those calculation questions!! They just forgot about it!!! it was exactly like that annoying PHY1 last week!! ALL weird and CONFUSING!
    PHY 5 was quite good I think!! quite a few gifts!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steve8052)
    Yeah I agree!! PHY 4 had some weird explaining questions and I dunno wat they did with all those calculation questions!! They just forgot about it!!!
    PHY 5 was quite good I think!! quite a few gifts!!
    remember that transformer qeutsions - i proved it just for the sake of it:rolleyes:

gonna be doing maths in uni, so wont have to define anything after (phys synoptic) again!!!!

pk

ReputationRep:
    all good lord yeh me neither!! me doing Civil Engineering so it will be more applying rather than defining or proving!!!!! however i will be mixing a lot of physics and maths still tho

ReputationRep:
    Opposite way around from me... I havent done transformers since GCSE X_X and so I didnt knwo what to write for most of that [6] marker... and the experiment I screwed up, I did it wrong and when I went back to it, time ran out... I didnt like that paper at all! But I found the PHY4 easier than I expected

ReputationRep:
    PHY4 was rock hard but PHY5 wasn't much better. Completely messed upthe first 2 ques on both papers and i don't think my Practical went to well, did it with a broken arm which was the most akward thing Ive done in my life. I really need to pull up on the Synoptic(which isn't rerally likely)

ReputationRep:
    yea, i hardly used my calc in phy 4

ReputationRep:
    Was *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember how many marks per question?
    I can only remember
    PSA4
    1, Analogue Digital (12?)
    2, Momentum
    3, Capacitance (q.2+3. = 24?)
    4, Particle Accelerator (11?)
    5, Charge with balloons (6 marks)
    6, Coil (7 marks)

PSA5
    1, Fission (11?)
    2, Radioactive decay (7 marks)
    3, Big Bang (6 marks)
    4, SHM (11?)
    5, Active Noise Control (6 marks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonja)
    same feeling! :P

ReputationRep:
    i think you are talking about a totally different paper.

ReputationRep:
    the boundaries r quite low... i dont think i lost more than 10 marks for 4 and 5...so hopefully i'll get A for both... now phy6 to revise...the paper is 2 hours long with so many questions!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.