Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just read a thread about cambridge offer. the score is much much much much higher than i expect. cam requests all A's in A-level..........Does it mean that it requests 7s in HL IB??? is anyone applying to cam2006???? especially maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lorraine.Lam)
    I have just read a thread about cambridge offer. the score is much much much much higher than i expect. cam requests all A's in A-level..........Does it mean that it requests 7s in HL IB??? is anyone applying to cam2006???? especially maths
    Well, yes, Cambridge can request 777 in HL or 776. They usually make offers in terms of the total score (and can also add particular conditions, like a 7 in HL Maths), for example 40 w/bonus points. Offers vary, but I think it is unlikely that it will be lower than 38 overall.

ReputationRep:
    grr higher maths.. i hate that subject. does anyone else think it's going to be almost impossible to get a 7 in that subject?!

ReputationRep:
    If I were only doing 2 subjects - then it's possible. If you're like me, you simply have to do monumental amounts of practise problems. Which rules out (in order of occurence) -
    1. Social Life
    2. Sleeping
    3. Eating
    4. Sanity (Coincides with the final exams)
    There probably is some overpriced pill to remedy this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lorraine.Lam)
    Another thing most Cambridge colleges request for Maths applicants is the STEP: http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/unde...ests/step.html (and it is quite difficult!)
    A class-mate of mine who is going to Cambridge (Gonville & Caius) for Maths holds a conditional offer with 7 HL Maths, 7 SL Further Maths, 6 HL Physics and at least grade 2 in STEP 2 and 3. She didn't get any overall score requirement though.

(Really, why not apply to Oxford? It's so much prettier! )

ReputationRep:
    what i have found is that one IB student from Tanzaniz has got an offer of 2005. his requirement is 776 and 38overall. it sounds pretty!!!

it is unfair that Chinese students need to head it all the stuff before sep20. i am still wonderring if i should apply and if i am good enough to apply since my bio teacher (from cambridge) said that math at cam is extremely difficult to get in.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.