Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So how did everyone find it?

What questions did you do? What parts did you study?

I do Chaucer and Our Countrys Good, i didn't think it went too badly, the questions could have been a lot worse! There was one manageable question for each, which everyone that i spoke to seemed to do!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...I thought the questions could've been worse as well. They weren't brilliant but they weren't as difficult as in some of my other exams. I did Question A for Philip Larkin...even though I hadn't studied the poem specified, although I got into it quite well...perhaps a little too well as I spent an hour and 15minutes on it, and then chose Question B for Duchess of Malfi, although I thought that was a bit of a weird question because it was more opinion-based rather then requiring actual textual analysis.

Hope everyone did alright!

ReputationRep:
    Half of my year do Larkin, my friends said it wasn't too bad!

Just unit 6 to do now! You obviously do the tempest, but what other play do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bohogirlie)
    Half of my year do Larkin, my friends said it wasn't too bad!

Just unit 6 to do now! You obviously do the tempest, but what other play do you do?
    Yeah I do The Tempest (although I'm confused as to how it was "obvious"!?) and Translations by Brian Friel. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dudey_cool)
    Yeah I do The Tempest (although I'm confused as to how it was "obvious"!?) and Translations by Brian Friel. How about you?
    Doesn't everyone do 'The Tempest'? :confused: Anyway i do that and 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf'. I did Translations last year though.

ReputationRep:
    No, not everyone does The Tempest. There are around 4 or 5 options. The Tempest is just compulsory for our option which is "Broken Communication".
    Other options include the "Comic Perspective" which is Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice and Emma and another one. Another one is something social and uses Hard Times and North and South and another one. There's a poetry option too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the poetry synoptic is Wordsworth and Keats I think. But I'm doing 'The Tempest' and 'Translations'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dudey_cool)
    No, not everyone does The Tempest. There are around 4 or 5 options. The Tempest is just compulsory for our option which is "Broken Communication".
    Other options include the "Comic Perspective" which is Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice and Emma and another one. Another one is something social and uses Hard Times and North and South and another one. There's a poetry option too.
    OIC. I just assumed that everyone did The tempest and something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naystar)
    Yeah the poetry synoptic is Wordsworth and Keats I think. But I'm doing 'The Tempest' and 'Translations'.
    How did you find the exam yesterday naystar?

What options do you do?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.