Turn on thread page Beta

OCR B (Advancing Physics) Field + Particle Pictures exam today watch

ReputationRep:
    so what do u guys rekon u got on the paper out of 70? i rekon i did quiet bad but i got 34 on c/w so i might be ok. i hope they lower the grades cos it was a solid paper

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to drag this thread out of the depths... but there was a mistake on the paper. My physics teacher contacted OCR and they admitted there aren't 109ng in 1kg which was required to get the "show that" answer about the activity of hafnium. There are in fact 1012. However if you showed the answer they gave to be right, in any remotely valid way, then you'll still get the marks. I'd expect you'll get the marks if you got it actually right too.
    Everyone looking forward to the synoptic on monday?

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's quite bad. If I remember correctly it was a proof question which I managed to do, I feel slightly silly that I didn't even notice

Past paper x n this weekend in preparation for the synoptic. I need that B.

ReputationRep:
    Great...what is GCE Physics coming to. Being 'correct' when you are out by three orders of magnitude....sigh....woe is me!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.