The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yep, ill like that too. yes u need to know 1-6 excluding 3. u also hve to be able to use knowledge for these units on different senarios.

bet it will be a bit hard, aint done any rev
Reply 2
there was no phy6 jan 05 mate or phy5 january only ran modules 1-4
Reply 3
tktaylor6
there was no phy6 jan 05 mate or phy5 january only ran modules 1-4

there was a jan phy5 i did it yestrday lol.... :biggrin:
Reply 4
jan 05, are you sure, cos i wanted to sit all early and edexcel only wrote down phy 1 2 3 4, just like m4-6 s3-6 d2 and p5-6 didnt run
Reply 5
yep...butit was an international paper...hehe..4got 2 say dat
Reply 6
you need to know phy1-phy5 inside out, excluding phy3. As its phy6, most questions will be from phy4/phy5.
Reply 7
any gd books for phy6
i got these NAS physis books but hasnt got enough detail for the synoptic, its not actually sufficient for phy1-5 let alone 6 , plus all topics are scattered across the book :frown:
(my phy teacher calls em Mickey Mouse Books :biggrin: )
Reply 8
i got them books aswell, they kinda suck. I'll just use my notes.
Reply 9
anyone know what %age you need in terms of raw score to get an A in the synoptic? - is it true it was 66% of raw score for an A last year?

phil
Reply 10
aim for at least 70%, 66% was near it's lowest.
Reply 11
hey just wanna say that phy6 january 2005 paper is the new examplar one on the edexcel website...something about the changes in the formatwww.edexcel.org.uk under section physics advanced gce...it even has the mark scheme...enjoy
Reply 12
Phil23
anyone know what %age you need in terms of raw score to get an A in the synoptic? - is it true it was 66% of raw score for an A last year?

phil

no
it was 61/80 = 76.25% for an A :eek:
so high :frown:
Reply 13
sumitk87
no
it was 61/80 = 76.25% for an A :eek:
so high :frown:

aghh ****! i have to work for that as well then:rolleyes: was planning to skip that and revise for my P6 exam:eek:

oh well, will have to make some sacrifices:frown:
Reply 14
no no ... it's for 2003 ? Last year ... I think it's about 73%
Reply 15
BCHL85
no no ... it's for 2003 ? Last year ... I think it's about 73%

sorry my mistake that was for june03 , but it wont vary too much and as you said u thinks it was about 73% last year, its always 70-75 i believe :rolleyes:

Can we stick to one PHY6 thread, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t122730.html
ive posted the sylabus and we will hopefully go through it and discuss everything, i mean its worth 40% of a2 so we must kno it well
Reply 16
sumitk87
sorry my mistake that was for june03 , but it wont vary too much and as you said u thinks it was about 73% last year, its always 70-75 i believe :rolleyes:

Can we stick to one PHY6 thread, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t122730.html
ive posted the sylabus and we will hopefully go through it and discuss everything, i mean its worth 40% of a2 so we must kno it well

is that raw mark??? - man people must be getting smarter, or i must be getting dumber!:eek:

phil
Reply 17
Phil23
is that raw mark??? - man people must be getting smarter, or i must be getting dumber!:eek:

phil

raw marks
no apperntly despite it being the harder paper peoplo well in it cos these alot of questions so unlike phy45 if u cant manage a question you dont lose 10% or somin. eg if u cant do a 6mark question in unit4 you lose 10% :eek:
Reply 18
sumitk87
raw marks
no apperntly despite it being the harder paper peoplo well in it cos these alot of questions so unlike phy45 if u cant manage a question you dont lose 10% or somin. eg if u cant do a 6mark question in unit4 you lose 10% :eek:

i dont get how phy 6 works - is it weasier to get an A in phy 6 than it is for phy 4 and 5?

pk
Reply 19
Phil23
i dont get how phy 6 works - is it weasier to get an A in phy 6 than it is for phy 4 and 5?

pk

people do better in it because for a few reasons
1. you get an extract and you get basic comprehension questions
2. the wide spread of the questions means any particular weak area of physics will not cause you to do very bad

other than that maybe people work hard since its the last exam (or near the end of the exam period )

I dunno all i kno is i need to do well, i dont think i done too well in phy45

Latest