Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am thinking about taking AS Physics next when I am in year 13 (in year 12 at the moment) and I just wondered how hard it actually is. I am already studying Chemistry and Bio (among other subjects) and have a B in GCSE Maths, would I find AS Physics too hard? Also, do you think it would be possible to cover most of the material in Unit 1 / 2 over the Summer holidays (because if I could take the units in January, they would not get in the way of my A2s).
    Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ossie1701)
    Hi guys, I am thinking about taking AS Physics next when I am in year 13 (in year 12 at the moment) and I just wondered how hard it actually is. I am already studying Chemistry and Bio (among other subjects) and have a B in GCSE Maths, would I find AS Physics too hard? Also, do you think it would be possible to cover most of the material in Unit 1 / 2 over the Summer holidays (because if I could take the units in January, they would not get in the way of my A2s).
    Many thanks!
    If you are relatively hot on maths which I assume you are through chemistry then you should be ok. It depends whether you have any natural aptitude for it. Im guessing as a scientist you do so it shouldnt be too bad. Its a definite step up from GCSE but I think its a lot more interesting and makes much more sense as it starts to pull together.

ReputationRep:
    the word berries comes 2 mind...i did AS bio this yr (yr13)....its also 2 do with maturity and tings...u'll find it easier than the other ppl in ure class(yr 12z)...no disrespect to any yr12z out there..'i remember i USED 2 B 1'...quote from mrs doubtfire there...how old is that film...blimy

ReputationRep:
    IMO physics is a lot more harder to understand than chemistry. For example although electricity and forces can be quite easy if you do maths, waves and photos ..........don't go there!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 16, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.