Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing Business Studies tomorrow, and on either Thurs/Fri (can't remember which!) next week? If so..what exam board is it with? I don't know my exam board - and I want to find out so I can do past papers, find out grade boundaries etc.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably not edexcel then, because I've got that tomorrow and it consists of only one paper...I think you may be doing the AQA...Do you have a case study exam tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    I've got OCR Business Studies tomorrow. If you've already done a case study exam a couple of weeks ago, that'll probably be the exam board you're using.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AQA business studies. What case studys have people got?
    We've got marks and spencers!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have OCR business tomorrow, another 2 hours exam :mad: :mad: :mad: then we have marketing and comms on the 21st non?

ReputationRep:
    What is normally the the Grade boundaries for AQA Business studies higher. I was thinking around 50%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I hate skool)
    What is normally the the Grade boundaries for AQA Business studies higher. I was think ing around 50%.
    About 50% for a C yeah. Can be as low as 45%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    About 50% for a C yeah. Can be as low as 45%
    quite confident I can get that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Edexcel BS...Case Study's on Badge Identity Ltd. Trying to revise here, but it's not going too well. I think the boundary for an A* is 78% by the way, a 50% is about one or two percent off a B. Well, that's how it was for our mocks. But I'm doing edexcel so it's different...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Business Studies AQA. Case studies? How have you got them already before the exam? :confused: This isn't spec B, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    I have OCR business tomorrow, another 2 hours exam :mad: :mad: :mad: then we have marketing and comms on the 21st non?
    1h 45m

We are doing the Business and Change Paper.

ReputationRep:
    i had my 'applied' business' exam way back in january.. (aqa)

ReputationRep:
    Ahh...I've already done the OCR Business exam....got 90%. Since I know all the answers, I could be of ENORMOUS help...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    Ahh...I've already done the OCR Business exam....got 90%. Since I know all the answers, I could be of ENORMOUS help...
    How could you have had the same exam and have done it before we have?
    No papers come out of the sealed boxes lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the exam you're taking is the exact one I took...or maybe it is different this time. I'm doing the double award, and we took ours early so that we'd get a chance to retake it if we did badly.

Now I think about it, it must be different this time. Ahh well, it's still easy.

ReputationRep:
    i've got AQA Business Studies tomorrow. i've done a 1 year course so i was put in for foundation tier. i dont mind as long as i get a C. anyone any ideas as to the types of questions that will come up?

ReputationRep:
    I think I must be doing OCR, because I know there was an exam a few weeks ago which was a case study (I didn't do it cause I got a decent mark in my coursework) and I know I don't have a case study exam tomorrow.

Thanks for the help guys!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they changed the time limit from 2hours to an 1h45 because everyone finished ages before the time limit...

ReputationRep:
    im doing AQA Spec B, so i have 2 papers. i dont know what the case study is about. my papers are 1 hr 15 mins each.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatty341)
    im doing AQA Spec B, so i have 2 papers. i dont know what the case study is about. my papers are 1 hr 15 mins each.
    Same here. Do you think stuff like co-operatives, nationalisation and private sector will come up? Those are the sort of topics I got taught but never seem to come up...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.