Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    8 .. eventhough i am not british..lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    ah I only got 8. Good thing my citizenship papers have come through, I won't have to sit this. I have my affirmation of alliegeance ceremony on tuesday.

I hardly think that learning a few general knowledge facts, makes you a more integrated part of society, does it?
    Huh? To the Queen, or..? Never heard of that before, sounds very Napoleonic..

ReputationRep:
    haha 7... and all my ancestors are British, how rare.

ReputationRep:
    Question 1
    Life in the UK says to be British means you should...

A: "Respect laws, the elected political structures, traditional values of mutual tolerance and respect for rights and mutual concern."

B: "Share in the history and culture of an island nation with a character moulded by many different peoples over more than two thousand years."

C: "be part of a modern European democracy, one with a tradition of sharing our ways with the world – and allowing the world to bring its ways to us."

Obviously all real British men, even the Welsh, and most women, realise the correct answer is B.

Yet the 'British' government thinks the correct answer is A. Must we respect unjust and unreasonable laws to be British? Or respect the political system? Accept traditional values? And so on? Since when?

And what do they object to in answer B? It sounds positively multiculti!

I scored 8

ReputationRep:
    8 - Tis OK

ReputationRep:
    9/15... Well, according to THEIR idea of Britishness anyway. That sort of thing emphasizes just what is wrong with our country today...
    q1) To be British means you should... 'Share in the history and culture...' WRONG. NO I'M BLOODY WELL NOT!!!! Who does 'Life in the UK' think it is, a quango telling me what it means to be British. You have no idea how mad that makes me!
    q6) Now i thought F. Christmas was from the North Pole, but the Politically Correct feel that this test had to it made me feel that the 'right' answer would be Lapland, so I got that 'wrong'. oh well...

ReputationRep:
    i got 10. WOOPEE maybe i can become an asylum seeker and get a huge council flat. only joking

ReputationRep:
    I got 13 and feel very smug!!

ReputationRep:
    6/15

ReputationRep:
    "Who was the first person in Britain to be recorded in history?" They should have put that in the quiz and make it a bit harder...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by che guevara)
    8 .. eventhough i am not british..lol
    me too. 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    voluntary?

perhaps you should look at my picture again. notice the words "RENEWAL REMINDER"
    Are you Northern Irish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)
    Are you Northern Irish?
    yes. last time i checked i was a british citizen.

if people are doing a quiz, accuracy is generally required.

ReputationRep:
    I got 10/15

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    8/15...
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    Question 1
    Life in the UK says to be British means you should...

A: "Respect laws, the elected political structures, traditional values of mutual tolerance and respect for rights and mutual concern."

B: "Share in the history and culture of an island nation with a character moulded by many different peoples over more than two thousand years."

C: "be part of a modern European democracy, one with a tradition of sharing our ways with the world – and allowing the world to bring its ways to us."

Obviously all real British men, even the Welsh, and most women, realise the correct answer is B.

Yet the 'British' government thinks the correct answer is A. Must we respect unjust and unreasonable laws to be British? Or respect the political system? Accept traditional values? And so on? Since when?

And what do they object to in answer B? It sounds positively multiculti!

I scored 8
    Yes, B had politically correct written all over it.

"traditional values of mutual tolerance and respect for rights and mutual concern" - what hot air!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    Yes, B had politically correct written all over it.

"traditional values of mutual tolerance and respect for rights and mutual concern" - what hot air!
    I said C :p:

ReputationRep:
    10/15

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    I said C :p:
    Yes me too I found that far more important than A, and thought B wasn't relevant. I got 8 (of course Santa lives on the North Pole! ).

ReputationRep:
    10/15 for me, guess i'm not as much of a commie pinko as everyone made out... then again the book was compiled by Blair's gang, so maybe i am a pinko...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.