Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok i need help! with dihybrid crosses if you hjave one bird with CwCw x AfAf and another bird with CwCb x AfAs

Cw=white feathers
    Cb=blackfeathers
    Af=frizzy feathers
    As=straight feathers
    And all are codominant

what r the gametes and how do you cross them to find the offspring genotype and the offsrping phenotype

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flippinmentaljo)
    Ok i need help! with dihybrid crosses if you hjave one bird with CwCw x AfAf and another bird with CwCb x AfAs

Cw=white feathers
    Cb=blackfeathers
    Af=frizzy feathers
    As=straight feathers
    And all are codominant

what r the gametes and how do you cross them to find the offspring genotype and the offsrping phenotype

Ok... colour coded to make things clearer

Parental gentotypes: CwCwAfAf and CwCbAfAs

Possible parental gametes:

CwAf and CwAf, CwAs, CbAf, CbAs

Offspring genotypes and genotypes

CwCwAfAf = white, frizzy feathers
    CwCwAfAs = white, frizzy and straight feathers
    CwCbAfAf = white and black, frizzy feathers
    CwCbAfAs = white and black, frizzy and straight feathers (strange bird this 1)

Ok... all equally chance of forming of 25%

ReputationRep:
    Thank you i get so confused when they sord questions like this one was...and im guessing the phentypic ratio would be 1:1?

ReputationRep:
    1 : 1 : 1 : 1

therefore there is a 1/4 (or 25%) chance of each phenotype

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flippinmentaljo)
    Thank you i get so confused when they sord questions like this one was...and im guessing the phentypic ratio would be 1:1?
    I think ti would be 1:1:1:1

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well i had the right numbers.... i just obv cant cant... my brains turned to mush with all the biology....muh....thank you peeps!

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.