The Student Room Group

AQA P4 16th June

I'll get the ball rolling on this one! I found this paper much harder than most of the others so I can't really offer much in the way of answers. The questions I can remember though are, in no order, simultaneous equations with i and w, curve of y=sinhx(?) and arc lengths and are in terms of e, loci of circle and arg(z-4) (i think), proof by induction (found this really hard), roots of x^3 +11x+50 lots of parts, and integration of sechx tanhx x etc, and lastly the question of rearranging complex numbers into re^i theta to solve a z^3 equation.
Reply 1
Did anyone take it today?
Reply 2
carpmasterjong
Did anyone take it today?

most of my class resut it. i dunno how they got on though yet...
I took it today.

Thought it was fair. (Couple of questions were tricky, but on the whole a 'fair' paper)

Btw, I did it in January, so resut it today (got 58 then :colondollar:)
Reply 4
Where Did I Go?
I took it today.

Thought it was fair. (Couple of questions were tricky, but on the whole a 'fair' paper)

Btw, I did it in January, so resut it today (got 58 then :colondollar:)

one of my mates decided he really didnt like it (he did jan's as a mock and got full marks) so i'm not sure if he got caught out or what.
hmm I'm having second thoughts about this paper. It's either gone pretty well, or very bad. I'm hopeing for the first of the two). Problem is, the questions were tricky, and its only if you approach them in s certain light that they could be solved.
Just wait until August to find out :smile:
Reply 6
was differentiating 1 - (sech^2)x on it?
Reply 7
Yeah i think so or something very similar i know one of the questions was integrating (tanh^2)x(sech^2)x and after integrating (tanh^4)x

Latest