The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Kavanne
I've searched in the forum, but I can't seem to find an answer.

Is there only so much space on the UCAS form?

In Sept we'll be applying online, so is there a character limit on the box they give you on the website?

Thanks!

Yes it is something like 45-47 lines. So you get more space when you do it online.
Reply 2
mxox
Yes it is something like 45-47 lines. So you get more space when you do it online.

Ack! I am going to die :frown:

When I was in Year 11 writing one they were like 'No No, it has to be longer, it's too short!' but now there is so much stuff I want to go into my UCAS one from there as well as new stuff.

Dead.

-Kavanne
Reply 3
Kavanne

When I was in Year 11 writing one they were like 'No No, it has to be longer, it's too short!' but now there is so much stuff I want to go into my UCAS one from there as well as new stuff.

Dead.

-Kavanne

My first draft was almost twice the limit! :eek: But you soon learn to rephrase things to make them shorter.
Reply 4
To be precise, it's up to 50 lines according to this website (scroll down until you see the title 'how to provide a personal statement): http://www.ucas.com/apply/applying_online.pdf

Use that website for other queries on applying.
Reply 5
Kavanne

Dead.

-Kavanne

I think the limit is 43 lines, font size 12, Times New Roman.

Don't worry my very first personal statement was 3 pages long :biggrin: It was crap as hell too. By the time you actually write your final version, you would've written it OH so many times, you wouldn't need the draft in front of you to know exactly everything you wanna put and how to put it. What I did was write that 3-page long PS, pick out important points relevant to my course, read and re-read and if I myself find it bored if I had to read it more than twice all the way through, I know something is wrong!

In the end I knew my PS inside out so very very well cus I'd written it non-stop for a whole week, even when I tweeked it and added a few bits I only went over by two lines or something - which was easily solved by not having a line's gap between paragraphs :p:
Reply 6
When you type up your personal statement in Word, check the word limit or lines you have written. After you reach that amount of lines that is said in the website I gave you, stop and paste it into your account. Save a copy incase you need corrections and stuff like that. Your personal statement should be 1 page long after you typed it up in Word. If you go over that, obvisouly you have went over the limit.

Latest

Trending

Trending