Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what did you guys think was the hardest question on the paper? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing really hard at all, except for the equation you hat to put down for the reaction of potassium bromide with chlorine solution.

Question 9 about the Haber process was a bit tough. People had trouble with the claculations question but the answer is 8.5 tonnes (which I got thankfully) my chem teacher tells us.

I forgot to ask him about the last two parts of Q9 on the test though. The first was why can the production of ammonia be harmful and I wrote because poisnous ammonium gas is produced. Others? The last part was about which salt is formed when ammonia reacts with nitric acid. I wanted to put down ammonium nitrate but actually put down NaOH. dunoo about those two.

Overall, though, an easy exam, I think.

ReputationRep:
    The first was why can the production of ammonia be harmful and I wrote because poisnous ammonium gas is produced. Others? The last part was about which salt is formed when ammonia reacts with nitric acid. I wanted to put down ammonium nitrate but actually put down NaOH. dunoo about those two.
    Hmm - I just put down that the high pressures used to achieve the "optimum" yield could be hazardous - a bit stupid really - I might get the mark if I get a nice examiner...

And the answer to the second part was Ammonium Nitrate (NH4NO3), since you're supposed to know that neutralisation by Nitric acid gets you with the Ammonium Nitrate fertilizer - But it doesn't matter. It's only a 1 mark question.

Overall, I thought the whole paper was rather simple; I was expecting something much harder!

ReputationRep:
    Umm.....the bits about Chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    I did not think any of it was hard, except the one about the carbon ball (I think it was Question 8). Otherwise, I did some silly mistakes.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.