Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just kind of wondering, but are the aussies like danni_Bella and everdawn planning on coming to the UK for uni and so are using this site to improve their english speaking and language skills or are they just here for the "fun" factor and because its a big student forum?

ReputationRep:
    proberly both...

ReputationRep:
    Dunno...but when in doubt, raise the issue of a certain recent Twenty20 game...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    speaking and language skills
    Last I heard, most Australians speak English.

ReputationRep:
    Just kind of wondering, but are the aussies like danni_Bella and everdawn planning on coming to the UK for uni and so are using this site to improve their english speaking and language skills or are they just here for the "fun" factor and because its a big student forum?
    lol that's pretty good! When in the US, someone asked me if I was there to improve my English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Last I heard, most Australians speak English.
    but they dont speak it properly do they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    lol that's pretty good! When in the US, someone asked me if I was there to improve my English.
    the irony of their words eh? s/he probably didn't make the connection between english and england as to where the language came from :p:

ReputationRep:
    That is not a nice thing to say even as a joke.

ReputationRep:
    you are sooooooo random. actually this site did used to be called UK learning so he has a point. it's also .co.uk

ReputationRep:
    i think australian and new zealand accents are fittttt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    well we all have the same queen...

ReputationRep:
    ...using this site to improve their english speaking and language skills?
    That's a corker, mate! Learn bonzer English on TSR? What is this? Bush week?

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    because its a big student forum?
    And that would basically be about it Entertainment factor, perhaps too :p:

This forum's no good at helping me with my grades anymore, in fact I'm a bit annoyed that you even mentioned anything of the sort

I'd advise against it if you're also a uni student not from the UK, unless you're doing a survey or something for a research assignment and need some figures/willing guinea pigs for your experiements

ReputationRep:

Excuse me? English speaking and language skills? Poor thing, I will make allowances for your ignorance, I don't know if you know this, but they actually speak English here! :rolleyes:

No I first came here to get advice for assignments and to share my information that I had. And then there was the chat part of the forums? Why are we bothering you? Why Aussies, there are plenty of say, Swedish or American students here as well.

ReputationRep:
    maybe its coz im in a bad mood, but I take great offence to that comment.

Some aussie said to me:

Us Brits stole their queen! :eek:

And we stole part of their flag! :eek:

:rofl: cracked me up!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter who comes on TSR?? I welcome everyone from all places!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    i think australian and new zealand accents are fittttt.

:ditto:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.