The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I love this guy, kept me up night upon nights hes been away for a while...

Statement Issued By KEY 103 16/06/05

It is with regret that I have to announce the departure of James Stannage from Key 103 with immediate effect.

James' challenging and direct style on the Key 103 late night phone in has entertained people in the North West for almost 10 years and has always courted controversy. However, despite numerous warnings and a history of run ins with the regulators, recent broadcasts have left us with an unfortunate situation where we have had to part Company.

I would like to thank James for his contribution to Key 103 and Magic 1152's success and wish him all the best in whatever he chooses to do.

An announcement regarding the future of the late night show on Key 103 will follow shortly.

Anthony Gay
Programme Director

If you listen to Key 103, or in my case i used to listen all the time and now its a pile of Poo, Stannage was the only thing i used to listen too, Ive made the switch to radio 1 permenatly now.

I think we should all boycot Key 103.
Reply 2
I cannot believe that they sacked him! He was the best thing to happen to Key 103! I tuned in the other night and was presented with some idiot harping on about the latest hits, I was left confused as to whether I had the right station, then I got the Key 103 jingle, so I thought it may be the wrong day, buit it wasnt! Then finally I spent half an hour waiting for my eyes to focus on my clock! I support your boycott with immediate effect!
Reply 3
He should have been fired years ago, simply for being crap.
I demand Tom Binns! Permanently
Reply 5
Yeh I agree on Tom Binns being a replacement. He's easily the best replacement for Stannage. Him generally wrecking the studio and setting off the fire alarm is hilarious!

Really sad to see Stannage go - do you think he'll get a slot on another station? I'd be sure to snap him up while I could.
Reply 6
what i dont understand is..why sack him for doing what he was paid to do?
Reply 7
He was the only thing keeping Key 103 going, they have made a big mistake by sacking him :mad: I hope he gets another slot another station!

Latest