Has anyone applied to St johns?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_guy769)
    Has anyone applied to St johns?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    Can I sing the song again?!?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for law. Interview is Thursday.

~sneezes~

a.

ReputationRep:
    What course have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Should have done. My mate did, for SPS. I chose Girton instead. But it's so far out, they watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch when they've got every bloody channel on Sky, and they don't have Subbuteo! Still, the Irish guys are so funny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Should have done. My mate did, for SPS. I chose Girton instead. But it's so far out, they watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch when they've got every bloody channel on Sky, and they don't have Subbuteo! Still, the Irish guys are so funny!
    Your m8 applied this year? are they really smart?

ReputationRep:
    Your m8 applied this year? are they really smart?
    He is a bit, perhaps Cambridge material. His dad went to St John's, got a 1st in EngLit. His reasons: one of the biggest (actually the biggest, doh I wanted that!), richest, something else, something else, something... <zzzzz>

ReputationRep:
    He is a bit, perhaps Cambridge material. His dad went to St John's, got a 1st in EngLit. His reasons: one of the biggest (actually the biggest, doh I wanted that!), richest, something else, something else, something... <zzzzz>

Is he one of these people with 10 A*'s and 5As?
    Loads of people seem to have that

ReputationRep:
    Is he one of these people with 10 A*'s and 5As?
    Loads of people seem to have that
    Actually, he has not one A*, and got BBCC at AS-Level. But those grades don't tell it all, he could get into Cambridge if he put himself across better in interview than on an exam paper. But then he's a bit of a prat so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allotriophagy)
    I've applied for law. Interview is Thursday.

~sneezes~

a.
    Hey Allotriophagy, good luck, I do law at John's its great (although it does apparently involve being up VERY late doing essays - or maybe thats just me?). Do you have an interview with Dr. Ni-unpronounceable? Dare you to ask her how to say her name, we still don't know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaiserSoze)
    Hey Allotriophagy, good luck, I do law at John's its great (although it does apparently involve being up VERY late doing essays - or maybe thats just me?). Do you have an interview with Dr. Ni-unpronounceable? Dare you to ask her how to say her name, we still don't know...
    Omg! She's the Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic tutor for New Hall! I believe her name is pronounced Nee-mi-vway-nig. Apparently she's quite serious and can come across as rather austere, so be warned and don't expect her to be really smiley and chatty. Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    It ain't one of the richest at the moment...tis in a bit of trouble from all reports. It's also not the biggest - Trinity is, and Homerton, now it's officially a part of the uni, is also bigger.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what Dr sarrote, Miss Tomaselli ot Dr Hughes are like? Im scared their going to make me feel really stupid

ReputationRep:
    I didn't apply to st John's but I just had my interview yesterday. It really doesn't matter which college you go to, the people there are really nice. Pembroke has got a bit of building work going on at the moment. If you decided to stay the night then you might find yourself seeing nothing but plastic outside the window, like me.

I would recommand the experience to everyone, however bad you are. If you have not applied to Oxbridge, then you don't know what you are missing.

Good luck to all of you waiting for interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I didn't apply to st John's but I just had my interview yesterday. It really doesn't matter which college you go to, the people there are really nice. Pembroke has got a bit of building work going on at the moment. If you decided to stay the night then you might find yourself seeing nothing but plastic outside the window, like me.

I would recommand the experience to everyone, however bad you are. If you have not applied to Oxbridge, then you don't know what you are missing.

Good luck to all of you waiting for interviews.
    What course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Oh God...yes! I wasn't even sure if it was a female name or not. I have her for my general academic interview. I meant to write to someone and find out. I thought perhaps her name was a cunning test: pronounce it wrong and be laughed at forever. "Why, Mr.Allotriophagy! Not only did you score most poorly in the written test, but you didn't even manage to say my name properly!" - then everyone will spank me whilst shouting "Say my name! SAY MY NAME!".

As for essays...I was up till 4:30am today, finishing an essay. I secretly love it.

a.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    Omg! She's the Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic tutor for New Hall! I believe her name is pronounced Nee-mi-vway-nig. Apparently she's quite serious and can come across as rather austere, so be warned and don't expect her to be really smiley and chatty. Good luck all!
    Bah...was hoping she would be jolly and bubbly. Oh well. Looks like I'll have to put on my Serious Hat. :/

a.

ReputationRep:

Hey, any idea what Dr. Jonathan Spencer, Dr. David Midgley, Dr. Louise Haywood, or Dr. Pierpaolo Antonello are like? (MML Spanish & Italian)

Cheers

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.