Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone!

Ok now this sounds really stupid but its playing on my mind quite badly. Do teachers check over the exam papers before they are sent to the exam board? You no - to check everyone has put there candidate numbers on and names e.t.c. Random question really...

ReputationRep:
    i doubt teachers will but i'm sure your examination co-ordinator has to check they are in the correct order to be sent off and theyll prob notice if something is missing when they do that

ReputationRep:
    I think they check if people have put candidate numbers on. My school does it via computer.

ReputationRep:
    dude why u posted this message twice...id remove the other one cos u mite get a warning

ReputationRep:
    I think they look through to make sure all the papers are there in alphabetical ordeer. Im slightly worried because the first name which I use is very different to my actuall first name but I wrote the nicname on the exams. I dont think itll matter (everything else is the same) but Im slightly worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    I think they look through to make sure all the papers are there in alphabetical ordeer. Im slightly worried because the first name which I use is very different to my actuall first name but I wrote the nicname on the exams. I dont think itll matter (everything else is the same) but Im slightly worried.
    lol my mate wrote Max on his paper in his mocks instead of Maxwell, and my school was like to him,
    (Original post by my strict school)
    youd better get out of that habit, as you may end up not recieveing any results at all, if you do not put your full name of your exam paper.
    not to scare you or anything

ReputationRep:
    at my school we have little stickers with all the info on and we just stick them on the paper at the start.

ReputationRep:
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! posh skool!, lol

ReputationRep:
    lol definitely, cant even be bothered to write ur names on exam papers? well theres where your school fees go then. Lol my school has a private skool nextdoor to us, 3 grand a term and we have come out with better results than them 3 yrs running
    Private schools not all that rli :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja32)
    lol definitely, cant even be bothered to write ur names on exam papers? well theres where your school fees go then. Lol my school has a private skool nextdoor to us, 3 grand a term and we have come out with better results than them 3 yrs running
    Private schools not all that rli :P
    I agree - its more of a challenge to get A*s and As from a regular school, universities and employers will recognise that - everyone at private school does well, so its not specialto get As and A*s - my parents gave me the choice, so i stayed at my nice mixed sex normal school with not-so-good reputation, its more of a challenge and I don't end up socially stunted because I haven't had any contact with girls...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperTycoon)
    I agree - its more of a challenge to get A*s and As from a regular school, universities and employers will recognise that - everyone at private school does well, so its not specialto get As and A*s - my parents gave me the choice, so i stayed at my nice mixed sex normal school with not-so-good reputation, its more of a challenge and I don't end up socially stunted because I haven't had any contact with girls...
    I disagree with you. Background education has minimal effect on your intelligence and ability (or inability) to effectively prepare for exams. Yes, private schools (on average) have better results, but IMO it is because the students want to do well, more so than most state school pupils. Just my opinion, bash it all you want.

ReputationRep:
    Im slightly worried because the first name which I use is very different to my actuall first name but I wrote the nicname on the exams. I dont think itll matter (everything else is the same) but Im slightly worried.
    I don't think it really matters about not putting your actual real name on the paper because you're putting your candidate number on as well which gives the information about you to the exam board anyway. It just means more time spent for them!

ReputationRep:
    i asked a teacher if they do that but apparently it gets sent to the exam boards straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperTycoon)

I don't think universities really care where you went as long as you get good grades. With private education, you generally get better teachers, smaller classes, better resources and stuff like that. I must admit some of the dead expensive 10 grand a year schools are a bit ridculous, but most people would say normal independent schools provide a better education. I'm not saying anything bad against state schools here - and most state schools do get very good grades and a lot of my friends go to state schools. Oh and btw - most private schools are mixed now, so we are not all 'socially stunted' or whatever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    I disagree with you. Background education has minimal effect on your intelligence and ability (or inability) to effectively prepare for exams. Yes, private schools (on average) have better results, but IMO it is because the students want to do well, more so than most state school pupils. Just my opinion, bash it all you want.
    I think background education does have an effect to some extent on your ability to get good results; private schools generally have better resources and certainly the ones near me have significantly smaller classes....but i think that the difference in education primarily affects those who wouldn't be motivated enough to work to achieve C grades or above without extra input and better facilities.....those who are achieving As and A*s are generally motivated enough to do well on their own initiative, and therefore i would agree that private schooling is not fundamental in enabling you to prepare for exams......personally, i think that, as a generalisation, it is the amount of parental input that defines someone's ability to do well...having done a case study in my own home!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.