Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    God that exam, must have been the hardest exam i have ever done in my life. I have never been taught any of it! and i have never even seen any of it, wht do you guys think?

kes

ReputationRep:
    I wish i found it hard and taken more care going through it rather than missing out the last 13 mark question completely and going through the rest about 3 times feeling pretty smug.
    I am slightly surprised you found it hard. Did you not do any past papers?

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt the hardest exam i'll ever have to sit, it really was hardcore.

Everything on the syllabus taken out of context into a tough situation and hardly any of the constants given in most cases.

if somebody offered me 45/100 i'd take it.

ReputationRep:
    Ok i may be getting confused. When was this mechanics exam?

ReputationRep:
    This afternoon, OCR m1, new syllabus

ReputationRep:
    That was F**king awful, I'll have to retake it. Missed out the whole of question 5 for a start.

I think they should re-word maths exams to try and improve morale. Something along the lines of

"Some idiot has stuck two rings on a rough wire and some bright spark poked a string through them and started pulling at it like a loon. What is the tension in the string?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse)
    Ok i may be getting confused. When was this mechanics exam?
    I did every pass paper since 2002! and non of the questions were like this. In the pass papers i knew exactly what i wanted to do! but this paper i was like what is this? hard!!!! does anyone think the boundries would be lowered??

ReputationRep:
    Doing AQA and found the mechanics 1B paper one of the easiest ive taken. Then again though some people came out saying it was a complete nightmare too...

The AQA pure 1 and 2 were awful.... grade boundaries best come down.

ReputationRep:
    da guy who set the m1 paper must have been sum sad old man living by himself who probably spent the last three years thinking up the wierdest questions which he could put onto the exam within the limits of the specification (which he tried to push).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kesso12)
    I did every pass paper since 2002! and non of the questions were like this. In the pass papers i knew exactly what i wanted to do! but this paper i was like what is this? hard!!!! does anyone think the boundries would be lowered??
    I'd be VERY surprised if the grade boundary wasn't lower for this than any ocr m1 paper that has been in the past, a lot of clever people i know found it very tough and the teacher said he thought it was a lot harder than in previous years.

Having said that to get over 40/100 ums i'll need the A grade boundary to be about 42 raw marks

Nevermind theres always january and next june

ReputationRep:
    i hope so!! they should be dropped loads. in non of the pass papers were there any similar question! and the specification paper was easy! why don't they make the specification papers hard so we know how hard we need to revise. also how come this year was like 10000% harder than any of the past papers!! which i could do mostly!?

ReputationRep:
    I think specimen papers are a complete waste of time, every one i've ever looked at in any subject has been far easier than the exam, i don't think they're a benefit to anybody to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said in the other similar thread, the exam was awful. I couln't even do the first question, part 2 even though it basically told you the answer.
    I did ocr past papers, edexcel past papers as well as a few solomon papers and I still found it difficult.

Hopefully the grade boundaries for m1 will be low

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.