A question about financially assessed support? Watch

maltey
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I applied for my financially assessed grant late although I hadn't realised it. We must've sent the form off Mid-August? The thing is I haven't heard a single thing about it since we sent the form off and on the website it now says processing September applications.
My main question really is on the student finance website, you know you can log in to your account and then you can go to view payments? Does it just show your loans or grants aswell?
I'm asking someone really who has had their grant and loan and everything all sorted and all paid in. I just want to know if I have to wait for a letter what with the postal strike and all that. I hate just sitting and waiting!!
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if you get a grant it shows. Mine does.
Live2010
Report 9 years ago
They are only working on financial evidence for the grants from 23rd of July. If you sent yours mid august you just need to wait for it to be processed.
There are no time scales - just that they are on the 23rd of July just now.

When your income details have been processed - providing you are eligible for a grant - it will automatically be updated onto your payments section
SkinnyKat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm in the same position. Sent evidence off very late as my parents are self-employed and our accountant firm was being awkward :rolleyes:

Haven't heard anything off them. They've still got my parents' forms so assuming they haven't lost it, they're keeping it on a shelf somewhere til they can process it. The final notification letter off them says I don't have a grant and only the basic loan.

I'm definitely entitled to some grant and certainly get more loan than the basic amount. So like thousands of other students, I just have to wait for them to sort everything out. Getting worried now though, I have to pay accomodation by the 22nd oct and the basic loan covers that, but until i get the rest of my loan/grant, I'm living off savings/overdraft/parents
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SkinnyKat)
I'm in the same position. Sent evidence off very late as my parents are self-employed and our accountant firm was being awkward :rolleyes:

Haven't heard anything off them. They've still got my parents' forms so assuming they haven't lost it, they're keeping it on a shelf somewhere til they can process it. The final notification letter off them says I don't have a grant and only the basic loan.

I'm definitely entitled to some grant and certainly get more loan than the basic amount. So like thousands of other students, I just have to wait for them to sort everything out. Getting worried now though, I have to pay accomodation by the 22nd oct and the basic loan covers that, but until i get the rest of my loan/grant, I'm living off savings/overdraft/parents
I don't understand this as SFE are using income from 2007-08 to calculate entitlement. Even the self employed shoiuld have got their tax affairs sorted out for that long ago!
SkinnyKat
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hypocriticaljap)
I don't understand this as SFE are using income from 2007-08 to calculate entitlement. Even the self employed shoiuld have got their tax affairs sorted out for that long ago!
What exactly don't you understand? The accountant who deals with all our financial stuff was being awkward. I think it was pretty clear the first time I said it? And since when did I mention tax affairs? :confused:
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
because you have to prove your income via a tax assessment!
ASCIIcipher
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SkinnyKat)
What exactly don't you understand? The accountant who deals with all our financial stuff was being awkward. I think it was pretty clear the first time I said it? And since when did I mention tax affairs? :confused:
The accountant should have submitted your parents self assessment tax return for 2007-08 by January 2009 at the latest (or your parents would have got a £1,000 fine each)

Therefore your parents should have had their Inland Revenue Tax Calculations sent to them in the summer or they should be able to get a short letter from the accountant on headed paper confirming their net profit for 07-08 (unless he is being some sort of muppet about it all)
SkinnyKat
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ASCIIcipher)
The accountant should have submitted your parents self assessment tax return for 2007-08 by January 2009 at the latest (or your parents would have got a £1,000 fine each)

Therefore your parents should have had their Inland Revenue Tax Calculations sent to them in the summer or they should be able to get a short letter from the accountant on headed paper confirming their net profit for 07-08 (unless he is being some sort of muppet about it all)
The tax assessment was all sorted. It was the letter and confirmation from the accountant that they were being awkward about. The form needed a stamp and signiture from the accounting company - they wouldn't give it because there was some dispute about the figures. They wrote down two different figures for my parents income, so we needed to clear up which one was correct and why we had been told two different things. This took over a month. The accountants were discussing it and said they would get back to us soon. Eventually, we talked to the boss and he gave us the stamp and correct figure. Therefore, my evidence was sent in late.

Does anyone still not understand? The accountants were being awkward. Jesus, I would have thought this was a simple enough statement. Or did you guys just think I was lying? :rolleyes:

Are there any more questions concerning my parents' private financial details?
SkinnyKat
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
because you have to prove your income via a tax assessment!
So do you have a point to make? It seems like you're determined to think I was lying or something?
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no. I just think not being able to present a tax assessment from 2007 -08 on time is just incompetent.
Chez87
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does it really matter? the OP was only really asking about their income assessment, not looking to be judged for applying late or whatever. God, give em a break!

Anyway, I am still waiting to be income assessed, and I think my mums p60 was sent mid august too. So yeah, don't panic yet. They will get to you.
SkinnyKat
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no. I just think not being able to present a tax assessment from 2007 -08 on time is just incompetent.
You're just a bored kid trying to be smart on the internet. Go away and find something constructive to do. This thread is for people who are asking for advice, or simply to find other people in the same position as them. Honestly, I see your kind on these type of forums all the time - why can't you people get a life? A RL :rolleyes:

You clearly didnt even read my post. It doesn't matter if I had 10 tax assessment forms - the form required an accountants signiture and stamp. Ok? Now, kindly **** off
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (172)
42.26%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (128)
31.45%
I don't have an opinion (107)
26.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed