Turn on thread page Beta

Too many tall girls at my uni watch

There's too many of them. They're all so fit and gorgeous but too tall for me to be taken seriously. I'm not short either (just under 6' with regular trainers that have not much heel to them). What do I do????? How do I get taken seriously when I'm shorter or same height as them! :mad::mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    Wear heels :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do I do?????:
    Grow up! :toofunny:

I'm sorry I couldn't help that....

How do you know they don't take you seriously?

ReputationRep:
    We apologise for our genetics.

ReputationRep:
    Elevator insoles!

Tom Cruise and Sarkozy wear them

ReputationRep:
    Carry around a copy of the yellow pages that you can stand on when you're around them.

ReputationRep:
    which university?

this cannot be true.

avg. female height in the UK is 5"3. Maybe for 18-24 yr old females it is 5"5.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    ^ There's loads of tall girls at my uni. Loads of tall guys too. Also a whole load of short people!

I like guys who are the same height as me (5'11), or just that little bit taller - so anything 6' and over is good. It's all about confidence, honestly. No girl who is worth bothering with will stress over whether you're a centimetre or a foot taller than her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    which university?

this cannot be true.

avg. female height in the UK is 5"3. Maybe for 18-24 yr old females it is 5"5.

squish.
    I reckon 5"6. I always feel significantly shorter compared to other girls my age.

Perhaps the girls at his uni are all wearing heels?

(Original post by georgia)
    ^ There's loads of tall girls at my uni. Loads of tall guys too. Also a whole load of short people!

I like guys who are the same height as me (5'11), or just that little bit taller - so anything 6' and over is good. It's all about confidence, honestly. No girl who is worth bothering with will stress over whether you're a centimetre or a foot taller than her.
    tell me more about your uni, i wanna know people in a similar situation to me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'11, my boyfriends several inches shorter than me... Yet it has never presented a problem. I've always taken him seriously, because his height's the last thing I'm bothered about to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    are you sure you're not just quite short and being delusional? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    tell me more about your uni, i wanna know people in a similar situation to me.
    What d'you mean?

ReputationRep:
    I love being average

ReputationRep:
    Aaah Tall Girls are attractive, but i avoid them at all costs... I dated one tall girl and i was just so awkward when we walked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Aaah Tall Girls are attractive, but i avoid them at all costs... I dated one tall girl and i was just so awkward when we walked.
    She must have been pretty tall then!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.liftmanshoes.com/products/extra-taller.html <- Get some o' these bad boys!

Alternatively get a grip :p: seriously, they won't ignore you or whatever just because you're 'short' (and you aren't that short for a guy), you'll be taken just as seriously as a tall guy :rolleyes:

Oh and look at their feet next time, THEY might all be in heels :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    height enhancing drugs?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Heel-lifts. Apparently Nicolas Sarkozy swears by them...

Or seriously...get over it. I'm sure there are better things to worry about than a few centimetres.

ReputationRep:
    Just under 6 ft? I'm 5''10.5 and I rarely, very, very rarely see a woman taller than me and I am taller than most, the percentage of 5'11+ girls is very very small I imagine...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.