Turn on thread page Beta

* Driving Test Anyone? * watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    Cameras don't notice if you're only a couple of miles over the limit if it didn't flash then it probably didn't take a picture, and loads of them don't seem to have film in most of the time. I was terrified for a week when I was sure I'd been speeding through a camera.
    Yeah they're often set well over like to only go off at 47mph in a 40mph limit, etc. If it was set too low, then it would be going off all the time and cost them more to change the film all the time :rolleyes:

When more digital speed cameras get put out though, they'll be able to handle a much higher prosecution rate though

A lot of the cameras are dummies as well as no film, etc. They're just there to make people slow down, or panic when they flash - some flash randomly, some just have crude mechanisms to flash when they think someone is speeding, but the radar mech isn't sufficiently calibrated to support a prosecution. :laugh:

Been through a few and made a couple flash, and I've never had a ticket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolutional)
    I've just failed my SECOND driving test because of worry and nerves! lol

How long did it take for you guys to pass? (i feel like a really big failuer (s.p) for not passing) lol
    My form tutor took 7!

If you've been watching mirror-signal-manouvre you'll have seen the old dude who's on his 9th - failed his 8th with 8 majors :eek: so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    I passed 4th time but then wrote off my car less than two weeks later and now waiting to find out if il lose my licence. Regardless of this i do think that te better drivers tend to be people who take more than one attempt.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, my friend passed on her 7th attempt. Anyways, you failed on things like going too fast round a corner and being pushy at a roundabout right? That doesn't mean you are a crap driver, just take it a bit more easy. Slow down a little and be a bit more calm, i'm sure you will pass. I passed on my 2nd attempt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexyKe)
    I passed 4th time but then wrote off my car less than two weeks later and now waiting to find out if il lose my licence.
    :eek: OMG what happened?

ReputationRep:
    i was 2nd time lucky and it only took me 4 months 2 learn. Most people i know also passed 2nd time round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    :eek: OMG what happened?

well; i tried to overtake and i saw a van coming the other way but i thought i could still overtake. Unfortunatly either my car didnt accelerate or the car i was overtaking did and the van coming the other was getting a bit close so i braked but i couldnt get back in the line of trafficso i sweved to right hand side of road to get on the grass verge but the van hit my back passenger side and my car flipped and ended up upside down in field. Hope that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    I did it first time, but I know several people who passed it fourth time and one who passed it seventh!. So you definitely shouldn't give up after two.

ReputationRep:
    Wow thats immense! Glad you're ok!
    Most of my friends passed second time but my best friend passed first time with only four months of lessons. Grrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexyKe)
    well; i tried to overtake and i saw a van coming the other way but i thought i could still overtake. Unfortunatly either my car didnt accelerate or the car i was overtaking did and the van coming the other was getting a bit close so i braked but i couldnt get back in the line of trafficso i sweved to right hand side of road to get on the grass verge but the van hit my back passenger side and my car flipped and ended up upside down in field. Hope that makes sense.

OMG! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.