Turn on thread page Beta

i really need help... please help.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone... hope ure all haveing a great great time..... i got 6 As and 4 Bs in my GCE Olevels.... subjects being...

Mathematics 96% A
    Add Maths 96% A
    Economics 90% A
    Principles of Acc 97% A
    English language 93% A
    Urdu 91% A
    Physics 88% B
    English Literature 89% A
    Pakistan Studies 86% B ( iguess these two dont matter look down )
    Islamic Studies 87% B

Then in my AS i gave 4 GCE AS level subjects and got the following grades

Accounting A
    Mathematics A
    Economics B ( paper1 A, paper2 B sent it for rechecking)
    Physics B ( P1 B, P2 A, Practical A... bad luck i know )

didnt get percentiles this year.....
    now here come my university choices

LSE Acc & Fin
    Warwick Acc & Fin
    Kings Business Management
    Edinburgh Acc & Fin or some other thing like Econ & fin
    St. Andrews Econ and Management
    (UCL straight ECO L100)

Here comes the problem.... I wanna apply to UCL for straight ECO but they require like A*AA so thts a setback....now im confused with edinburgh and st. andrews..... i dun feel like studyin acc and finance for FOUR years man... i mean i like philosophy and stuff but i havent evn dun them at AS so im thinking of picking it as a minor subject in my uni.... i just dunno what to do.... edinburgh and st. andrews CAN change... i just dont know which uni to go to to do either business, management or econ etc.......
    any help??? PLEASE!!!

should i apply to UCL? i really wanna go there man...

ReputationRep:
    If you want to go there... APPLY!

Ok, you should talk to your subject teacher/form tutor first, and they will tell you if they think you are capable of putting in a viable application; but if it's what you want I don't think there is any reason as to why you shouldn't at least try ^^
    You also need to ask yourself, can I get the grades I need? From your standpoint I'd say you have a lot of work ahead, but if you want something bad enough it will all pay off in the end.

ReputationRep:
    u cant apply to lse with A&F and to ucl with straight econ. how will you write your PS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    u cant apply to lse with A&F and to ucl with straight econ. how will you write your PS?

ive tried it and made it look as if im interested in the whole commerce thing..... ive given examples of how accounting and economics have inspired me... i havent written a specific degree..... thtll wipe the other options off...... so what say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenPetal)
    If you want to go there... APPLY!

Ok, you should talk to your subject teacher/form tutor first, and they will tell you if they think you are capable of putting in a viable application; but if it's what you want I don't think there is any reason as to why you shouldn't at least try ^^
    You also need to ask yourself, can I get the grades I need? From your standpoint I'd say you have a lot of work ahead, but if you want something bad enough it will all pay off in the end.

A*s... thts like impossible in GCEs... no1s EVER got it... i mean... its not in GCE..... A is the highest grade possible... this year (2010) will be the first year theyll be prolli applyin the A*.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancuvian)
    ive tried it and made it look as if im interested in the whole commerce thing..... ive given examples of how accounting and economics have inspired me... i havent written a specific degree..... thtll wipe the other options off...... so what say?
    i suppose. im no expert, post in the economics forum, and ull get better answers.

i just thought it might be obvious to lse that u apply to A&F since its easier to get into, but for other unis u apply to straight econ, i.e. u wud prefer econ but choose the easier option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancuvian)
    A*s... thts like impossible in GCEs... no1s EVER got it... i mean... its not in GCE..... A is the highest grade possible... this year (2010) will be the first year theyll be prolli applyin the A*.....
    What the hell has that got to do with what I said? A*s are being awarded THIS acedemic year, as in PEOPLE WHO DID THEIR AS LAST YEAR a.k.a. the OP.

You got lucky, half the idiots on here would have negged you for leaping in head first like that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 11, 2009

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.