Turn on thread page Beta

I need to stop my d900 working, without any physical damage. watch

ReputationRep:
    Long story short i want a new phone and need to show my parents that my current 2 year old D900 is dead. I obviously cant physically break because that would be too silly.
    How do i change the phones firmware so that it stops working? Where would i download this from? Any other way of internally breaking the phone?
    thx- sensible comments please

ReputationRep:
    Immerse it in water? Feed water in through the charger or memory card slot? It wouldn't show, and you'd probably end up with a phone that turned on, but the screen would stay white (which is typically what happens if it gets water in it)

ReputationRep:
    wow. serious?

ReputationRep:
    why don't you just take out the battery? then it won't do *anything* if you're showing it to your parents :p:
    or just dunk it in a bowl of water? haha

ReputationRep:
    How about you grow up and pay for a new phone yourself. Go and get a job and earn your own money so you don't have to consider deceiving your own family in order to get what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willchambers)
    How about you grow up and pay for a new phone yourself. Go and get a job and earn your own money so you don't have to consider deceiving your own family in order to get what you want.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    what a moron...

ReputationRep:
    OP didn't actually say his parents were buying him the phone, they could just be controlling with his money. One of my friends had her own job, but her parents kept an incredibly tight grip on her finances. Hence deceptions.

ReputationRep:
    why does it matter if its damaged or not then?

:laugh: sounds like he's pulling an insurance job...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Genesis-ar92)
    what a moron...
    couldn't agree more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    couldn't agree more
    lol I owe you rep
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    lol I owe you rep
    I will hold you to that =p

I shall also reciprocate.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    LOL at whoever just negged me saying 'reciprocate this' and left no name.

you are clearly an idiot =]

<3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    LOL at whoever just negged me saying 'reciprocate this' and left no name.

you are clearly an idiot =]

<3
    ¬¬ this threads tapped haha
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    ¬¬ this threads tapped haha
    explain?
    lol

ReputationRep:
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dejitaru)
    Immerse it in water? Feed water in through the charger or memory card slot? It wouldn't show, and you'd probably end up with a phone that turned on, but the screen would stay white (which is typically what happens if it gets water in it)
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOCI)
    Thank you
    Have you actually done it???

ReputationRep:
    Send me the d900 and I'll send you a phone that doesnt work but isn't damaged.

ReputationRep:
    Take the battery out, spread a very thin layer of glue (something that dries clear) over the metal contacts in the phone and then when you put the battery back in, the glue should stop the circuit completing so it won't work.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 11, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.