Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking an AEA this summer, but I haven't told UCAS or my chosen universities that I'm taking it, as when I applied I wasn't and only decided to take it at the end of April. Should I tell them, or just wait until results day - they wouldn't change my offer to include it would they?

ReputationRep:
    nope dont think that ever happens to be honest, maybe with oxbridge? AEAs suck why did I decide to say I'd do it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    nope dont think that ever happens to be honest, maybe with oxbridge? AEAs suck why did I decide to say I'd do it?!
    The thing is Warwick have been known to ask for them. But I doubt they'd ask for one in Economics when i'm going to be studying a politics degree. I just want to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    well sorry to be really unhelpful but dont know anythign for sure - but I would guess that it's HIGHLY unlikely esp in your case as

- u already have the offer
    - the whole econ/pol thing

ReputationRep:
    No. They won't change your offer.

The only way in which it could affect your University entry is if you don't meet your offer, and get a Merit/Distinction in the AEA. This could be used as a deciding factor as to whether they let you in or not!
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the Economics AEA too!

ReputationRep:
    But I've heard that they could possibly revoke the offer as I haven't told them all my examinations. I'm probably just panicking

ReputationRep:
    I would just tell the uni's and UCAS that you are doing an AEA, so there won't be any confusion during results day.

ReputationRep:
    I think the only reason they would withdraw an offer is if you said you were doing more qualifications than you actually were, eg if you said you were doing 4 A2s and then dropped one without telling them. I can't see why they'd have a problem with you doing something extra, but you could always phone or email an admissions tutor if you're really worried. As someone has already mentioned, it could also be used as a bargaining tool on results day if you narrowly miss the grades.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry Nellz, it's only an AEA and therefore not the same as a proper A level subject. I wouldn't even bother telling you're university, to be honest - there won't be any confusion over it at all, they'll just see an AEA result alongside your A-level grades. No probs whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I would just tell the uni's and UCAS that you are doing an AEA, so there won't be any confusion during results day.
    why would there be confusion? :rolleyes: the AEA wasn't part of the offer, i hardly think it would matter.

& can't think they would revoke an offer for you choosing to do more exams! :p:

given the failure rate is ~50%, i wouldn't bother mentioning it, unless you pass & slip up on your offer...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone. I guess I'm just a wee bit paranoid about not getting into uni

I think I won't tell them then as I'm likely to fail anyway, but I just wanted to check with people first.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.