Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was about to send off my uni application tonight and then just read on the RVC web page this:
    "Brief details of all experience and duration of visits should be set out on your UCAS application form. These details should include the name of the establishment, the length of time you spent there and what kind of animals you saw, eg:
    In July 2007, I spent 5 days working in ...................
    Between April 2006 and April 2007 I spent 1 day a week working in .................. "

I have tried to include most of my W.E on my actual personal statement but what if I can't put it ALL on there? It is a bit hard, or are we supposed to enter it somewhere else on the UCAS form? Please help if you know Thanks, Lucy.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied to the RVC last year and have done so again this year. Both times I have written it all in my personal statement, some of it is in lots of detail eg, duration, type of work exo and an interesting case or two, the rest is more like i have spent 2 weeks at differenr animal sanctuaries, i spent a week acconpanying an equine vet etc. I don't know what other people have done/do though. I might be wrong but i think RVC then sent a separate questionnaire through about work exp, that mught be wrong though, i can't properly remember!! I suggest posting something on the '2010 application thread as then lots of people will be able to tell you what they've done. Hope all goes well and gets sorted Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I've given in and just had to put "2 weeks at a small animal veterinary practice" etc. I have mentioned a few things from some places that I saw/did/found etc. But I just did not have anywhere near enough room to put anymore detail of years, places and so on.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to the RVC this year and before as well and they do send out an additional questionnaire for all your work exp details if you get offered an interview. In this I'm pretty sure you get a page per work exp placement so you end up photocopying the page as many times as you need it, but it means you can fit all your details in there. As ppl have already said I really really really couldn't fit in dates and what I'd seen at every place, I just didn't have the space. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Oh and yep they meant put it in your ps, theres no other section.

Hope that helps, and good luck

ReputationRep:
    Send them supplementary details with references. I emailed head of admissions to ask if that would be okay though, and she said it would be. (Received an interview btw )

Good luck with your application x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 10, 2009

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.