The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL OCR A2 Biology - F214 Thread

Scroll to see replies

raj_mostwanted
lol it was a compound so it was fructuse phosphate the intermediate

glucose 1, 6-biphosphate isn't this the right one?
ibysaiyan
Its from the atri-venous shunt to vein
and for the other one its diffusion, yes.

I'm talking about the question in which it talks about the direction, is my answer corect.

And, are my other answers correct, or just wrong! :o:
raj_mostwanted
lol it was a compound so it was fructuse phosphate the intermediate

Wrong, it was ADP.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
This is our first spat :love:

It is a bone! I think..because it can snap, no? :eyeball: I remember reading that it's a bone, and it can break/snap.

I think the examiners were kinda patronising with those seal pictures and captions! :rant:

the correct answer is they hav fats which are oxidised by nad by beta oxidation pathway releasing energy which allows them to stay under water thn wen they go bak onto surfce of water they release out thier waste which is co2
ibysaiyan
Well ... you can resit them , cant you? lucky you then as last year i screwed my practicals :frown: 19/60 :frown:and from what i have heard i cant redo them.Shame

mate who would want to retake that exam, youd basically have to know the entire biology spec :frown:
no you can redo them, theres loadsa people doing that but im almost certain youve got almost if not every mark, surely that would make up for that :confused:
Summerdays
Yeah, I believe you are right actually. So you think I got full marks for that, if that is the case then that's a HUGE relieve.

Also for the vessels, I put renal artery first (for L) and then renal vein (for m). Is this correct?

Also, I put that the direction of dialysis is due to diffusion down a concentration... (I didn't have time to write gradient.) But I'm sure I lost that mark.

ALSO, I said that the reason why the coagulant isn't needed is because the blood isn't exposed to the air :confused: (I really didn't know).

Um blood's taken from the arm so it's not going to be renal...

And also, I put something about setting up a counter-current multiplier to maximise the transfer of the dialyser contents....I thought it might be a synopticy point :/
Tinkerbelle &#9829
yes :sigh:

we should keep this thread going right up until exam in june. Be useful to go over class notes and modules together as they arise :smile: rather than all this last minute 'ZOMG I DON'T UNDERSTAND X TOPIC SOMEONE EXPLAIN!!!11" we can all learn and grow together - what do you all say ? It'll be beautiful :biggrin:

I agree, count me in. xD
Tinkerbelle &#9829
yes :sigh:

we should keep this thread going right up until exam in june. Be useful to go over class notes and modules together as they arise :smile: rather than all this last minute 'ZOMG I DON'T UNDERSTAND X TOPIC SOMEONE EXPLAIN!!!11" we can all learn and grow together - what do you all say ? It'll be beautiful :biggrin:

Im in! i will make past paper questions just like i did for unit 1
omg that is so beatiful:smile: im really flattered by your suggestions grow together.
ibysaiyan
Wrong, it was ADP.

well it could b that also ,, and could b hexose also if u think deeply .thts wat the book says
Reply 2709
Summerdays
Yeah, I believe you are right actually. So you think I got full marks for that, if that is the case then that's a HUGE relieve.

Also for the vessels, I put renal artery first (for L) and then renal vein (for m). Is this correct?

Also, I put that the direction of dialysis is due to diffusion down a concentration... (I didn't have time to write gradient.) But I'm sure I lost that mark.

ALSO, I said that the reason why the coagulant isn't needed is because the blood isn't exposed to the air :confused: (I really didn't know).

erm.. i just put artery and vein..
it would be a bit difficult to get inside the body to the renal artery and vein connected to the kidney i think.. :\

yeeh i said something about direcetion of dialysis fluid so always get fresh fluid and so that waste products that diffuse into the blood are taken away..

and coagulant! :O i had no idea -.-
i just said when blood goes back into the body it needs to be able to clot if there is injury..
i also said it would be pretty difficult to break down and excrete anticoagulant in someone who has kidney failure! lol! :wink:
Reply 2710
HotCoco.
I thought this too. I don't recall it asking how it can control it's temperature but rather how the seal can remain submerged under water for long periods of time without resurfacing (i.e a respiration question)

And we do have temperature control (endotherms) in our A2 syllabus I believe.

But not in Unit 1?
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
the PCT is in the cortex. the cortex is not inside the PCT. am I speaking a foreign language?

not to me.
i'm pretty sure the question was what is the lining in the PCT called? Thus, what is INSIDE the PCT. Everyone seems to have got confused thinking that it was asking where the PCT is in the kidney... May have been us both misreading the question but it should have been something like endothelium or membrane? I wasn't sure on the answer but definately not cortex.
Remarqable M
glucose 1, 6-biphosphate isn't this the right one?

It cant be that i doubt it, as you got one phosphate group attaching to the hexose sugar, becoming hexose phosphate, and as a result we get ADP.
Thats where it was pointed on the digram.
I thought the exam was harder than I expected it to be, but it was ok. The first question threw me a bit (not at all what I was expecting) but I still answered it :p: Only thing is, I was writing RIGHT up until the end, so my last sentence on the last question wasn't really a sentence (although it didn't have QWC so as long as it's legible it can still be considered) and I didn't have time to go through and check SO I HOPE I WAS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
clad in armour
mate who would want to retake that exam, youd basically have to know the entire biology spec :frown:
no you can redo them, theres loadsa people doing that but im almost certain youve got almost if not every mark, surely that would make up for that :confused:

sure grade boundries willl b too lower
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.

It is a bone! I think..because it can snap, no? :eyeball: I remember reading that it's a bone, and it can break/snap.

it can become bent due to trauma and that,
hows the search for someone that looks like TI going :p:
Reply 2716
ibysaiyan
It cant be that i doubt it, as you got one phosphate group attaching to the hexose sugar, becoming hexose phosphate, and as a result we get ADP.
Thats where it was pointed on the digram.

You're still sticking with ADP lol... it was exactly the same as the arrow above it, which was ATP going in. Phosphate is needed from ATP to make hexose bisphosphate, so the answer was ATP.
Remarqable M
Im in! i will make past paper questions just like i did for unit 1
omg that is so beatiful:smile: im really flattered by your suggestions grow together.

Be like a little online study group :biggrin:
We'll probably all go over different topics at different times in lessons buut one that someones currently doing may be one someone else has already done and therefore can help :smile:
raj_mostwanted
sure grade boundries willl b too lower

you can resit practicals? o.0
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
This is our first spat :love:

I think the examiners were kinda patronising with those seal pictures and captions! :rant:

A bone? What kind of medicine do you want to get into? Adrology? :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending