The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL OCR A2 Biology - F214 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
hi thanks for these, really useful!

do you have any notes on CNS etc? thanks!
Reply 3221
BUMP i need the papers + markschemes too. Any help will be awesome :smile: thanks
Mushaboom
Anyone know what happens to the concentration of RuBP when temperature increases/decreases?

The concentration of RUBP must stay the same.. because its not being recycled to make GP by being combined with CO2, because the enzyme rubisco would have been denatured at both extremes of temperatures. Levels of GP and TP must fall.
pm me for the QP+MS:smile:
Reply 3224
Has any one seen any exam questions on kidney and water reabsorption?
Sakujo
Got my paper back and mark scheme. Each grade was 4 marks apart (as I though it would be), 24-E, 28-D, 32-C, 36-B, 40-A out of 60. Also, the mark scheme had ignore for a lot of valid points which made me lose about 10 marks lol.

what grade did you get?

If you got an A, could you please scan your paper for me with your answers :p: :biggrin: i really need to see how people answer the sort of questions on F214.
Reply 3226
What... 40 for an A? I don't know how I only managed to get 74/90 then :s-smilie:
anyone who got their paper back and got an A can you give me tips on how you got an A? thanks
Reply 3228
Remarqable M
what grade did you get?

If you got an A, could you please scan your paper for me with your answers :p: :biggrin: i really need to see how people answer the sort of questions on F214.

No I got a C. I'm assuming by that you had the same problem as me, I couldn't answer the questions to fit the MS as the MS was an absolute pain. For example, the first question accepeted urea but not urine for excreatory product. This was repeated throughout the paper meaning that I lost about 10 raw marks which would've got me an A*.
v1oXx-
What... 40 for an A? I don't know how I only managed to get 74/90 then :s-smilie:

Yes 40 that's the raw marks. You are talking about the UMS marks which are scaled according to the grade boundaries.
Also in the same boat. I got 30/60 (D) however when I got my paper back, they had missed 6 raw marks which were on the mark scheme (like not giving me the mark for epithelium when I put it), and then I lost quite a few for the wording which didn't fit what the mark scheme said. It's annoyed me, as through OCR being pedantic and through their gross-negligence, I didn't get my A...
Reply 3231
if you lost 6 marks by mistake by didnt you get it re marked.

Hicksichrist
Also in the same boat. I got 30/60 (D) however when I got my paper back, they had missed 6 raw marks which were on the mark scheme (like not giving me the mark for epithelium when I put it), and then I lost quite a few for the wording which didn't fit what the mark scheme said. It's annoyed me, as through OCR being pedantic and through their gross-negligence, I didn't get my A...
Reply 3232
okay, so Ive just checked the OCR syllabus and Im really confused!!
its got stuff on pollution and the menstrual cycle in it, which has nothing about in my textbook!! does anyone know anything about this??
and also do we have to revise everything from AS too?!
tara592
okay, so Ive just checked the OCR syllabus and Im really confused!!
its got stuff on pollution and the menstrual cycle in it, which has nothing about in my textbook!! does anyone know anything about this??
and also do we have to revise everything from AS too?!

Hi
No, no need to know of menstrual cycle :s-smilie: thing which is related to reproduction in f214 is Pregnancy test!
Learn that and Steroid test as well.Also paper will be/is of synoptic and if you are doing f215 by any chance its even more dull synoptic.
:smile:
Reply 3234
Liverpool F.C.™
Yes 40 that's the raw marks. You are talking about the UMS marks which are scaled according to the grade boundaries.

No what I mean is that I thought I got ~50 raw marks, but with 40 being the A raw grade boundary, and the fact I only got 74/90 means I got around 41-42. That's what I was pissed off with.
Does anyone happen to have copy of the F214 paper from Janurary? Rep and eternal love available :smile:
Mushaboom
Does anyone happen to have copy of the F214 paper from Janurary? Rep and eternal love available :smile:

Attatched it, there is an insert as well but its file size is too big and its only refered to in a question worth 2 marks or something
conorf199
Attatched it, there is an insert as well but its file size is too big and its only refered to in a question worth 2 marks or something

Thank you! Don't suppose you have the mark scheme do you?
Safe For The F214 Paper Mate Anyone Got The Mark Scheme :d
Reply 3239
any one got the communication, homeostasis and energy, January 2010 paper??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending