The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL OCR A2 Biology - F214 Thread

Scroll to see replies

All I'm going to say is Phew!
Only one more to go! Get in!
Reply 3901
what did people write for the question about the the person with type controlling diet, like how they would change it or something.
Reply 3902
TX22
what did people write for the question about the the person with type controlling diet, like how they would change it or something.

More fats, proteins, moderation, more cellulose etc.
Reply 3903
it was only like 3 marks, but didn't it say explain as well.

i just briefly linked it to table.

Sakujo
More fats, proteins, moderation, more cellulose etc.
hey guyss

for the qs about sucrose and starch, i said something like starch produces more glucose than sucrose and sucrose produces fructose as well as glucose. i then something said something about one being polysacharide and other being disacharide. is that right?

sorry for the spelling mistakes lol
any predictions on grade boundaries guys
CHILLIN-DRAGON
think you might get the marks, i prepared myself just as well knowledge wise for this exam as jan, except i put myself in a different mindset so i wouldn't get mind block, essentially i thought to my self, if someone came in to bio and started asking general questions how would i answer them.

anyway i think the marks where like this

1 mark for saying it shouldt be used
1 mark for side effects (i said liver damage)
1 mark for unfair advantage (i said because it promotes muscle growth)

kinda hate myself because i didnt put myself in this mindset for unit 2 so there were so many questions i couldnt answer, i just wished 5 mins before that exam i said to myself, calm down, read the questions its easier then you think dont get paranoid :frown:

Hmmm I'm not too sure you would get a mark for saying yes or no to the use of steroids, simple because quite a few people i know chose to say that steroids should be used and then gave points for that.
Reply 3907
anyone got the f214 june 2010 paper by any chance?
subbing
Reply 3910
what past paper do we for this.. pwz help :frown:
Reply 3911
Original post by Ecstacy.

Original post by Ecstacy.
what past paper do we for this.. pwz help :frown:

We only have the jan 2010 and possible the June paper if ur teacher gives it to u or someone posts it! Plus the specimen one :smile:
I'm a late-comer to this topic, but i'm also taking this exam in january.
Whilst you lot seem to be aiming for A's I think it's more realistic for me to aim for a B!
Reply 3913
Original post by EmmaLauren
I'm a late-comer to this topic, but i'm also taking this exam in january.
Whilst you lot seem to be aiming for A's I think it's more realistic for me to aim for a B!

Anyone done the JUNE 2010 paper? Did it on monday.. what did you guys think if you have done it?.. I'm scared for this exam.. they all mix it all up and i have issues with "stretch and challenge" questions in the book!! :eek::eek::eek:
Reply 3914
Original post by Rosi M

Original post by Rosi M
Anyone done the JUNE 2010 paper? Did it on monday.. what did you guys think if you have done it?.. I'm scared for this exam.. they all mix it all up and i have issues with "stretch and challenge" questions in the book!! :eek::eek::eek:

is all that stretch and challenge stuff actually on the spec??
Reply 3915
Original post by sc0307
is all that stretch and challenge stuff actually on the spec??

Its all application stuff.. so they very similar to the questions you see in the exam and think.. hey we haven't done that lol.. application. Im quite bad at them..
Reply 3916
Original post by Rosi M

Original post by Rosi M
Its all application stuff.. so they very similar to the questions you see in the exam and think.. hey we haven't done that lol.. application. Im quite bad at them..

Oh ok. Do u know if anyone has access to the June 2010 exam? I really want it :frown:
Reply 3917
Original post by sc0307
Oh ok. Do u know if anyone has access to the June 2010 exam? I really want it :frown:

Yep I had to do it as a mock on monday.. have the mark scheme too. Though I have no idea how im going to give it to you.. any ideas lol?
Reply 3918
Hey does anybody know what the grade boundaries were for JUNE 2010.. for an A?
Reply 3919
Sitting this exam too.

Some questions:

What is the p.d for resting potential?

In the CGP book it is -70mV and in the Heinemann book it is -60mv.

What is the p.d for the threshold value?

CGP = -55mV and Heniemann = -50mV

At what p.d does repolarisation start?

CGP = + 30mV and Heinemann = + 40mV

For depolarisation do we say 'less than -70mV' (CGP) or 'less than -60mV' (Heinemann) ?

For type II diabetes is the CGP book correct in saying:

'when beta cells don't produce enough insulin or when the body's cells don't respond properly to insulin'

as the Heinmann book says this for type I diabetes:

'The body is no longer able to manufacture suffecient insulin'.

Thanks.

Also, can the OP link any papers posted in this thread to the 1st post. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending