The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL OCR A2 Biology - F214 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Here's a past paper question I have no idea about:

White faeces - what does that suggest is going on in the liver? (I can't remember the question word for word but it was along those lines!)

I guessed something to do with kupffer cells not breaking down red blood cells to give the billirubin - the brown pigment.
Buuuut apparently there are more explanations and I can't think of any!?
Tinkerbelle &#9829
Here's a past paper question I have no idea about:

White faeces - what does that suggest is going on in the liver? (I can't remember the question word for word but it was along those lines!)

I guessed something to do with kupffer cells not breaking down red blood cells to give the billirubin - the brown pigment.
Buuuut apparently there are more explanations and I can't think of any!?

Ermm probably liver cirhosis? and maybe we need to put down how it is caused bla bla?>
Edit: yea i just googled it, came up with chronic liver cirhosis .
I'll link a few notes to do with respiration. Could never be bothered to make ECT. Sorry. :o:

First three stages:

Glycolysis

The Link Reaction

The Kerbs cycle

:yes:
ibysaiyan
Ermm probably liver cirhosis? and maybe we need to put down how it is caused bla bla?>
Edit: yea i just googled it, came up with chronic liver cirhosis .

I think maybe a symptom a jaundice but I don't know much about that. Or maybe something else.

It was one of those stretch and challange questions.

Ok just read your edit - that's cool :smile:
Tinkerbelle &#9829
I think maybe a symptom a jaundice but I don't know much about that. Or maybe something else.

It was one of those stretch and challange questions.

Ok just read your edit - that's cool :smile:

Most if not all of the stretch and challenge questions will start with the word 'suggest'. :yep:
InvoluntarySlacker
Most if not all of the stretch and challenge questions will start with the word 'suggest'. :yep:

ooo didn't know that. not so up for them though!
Reply 426
about relating mitochondria fuction to structure the ocr book bare mentions a paragrahp about it. i know about the envolope and the cristea but what else relates it structore to glycolysis , kreb cylce , and oxidative phospohoralation. ???
MG.GULED
about relating mitochondria fuction to structure the ocr book bare mentions a paragrahp about it. i know about the envolope and the cristea but what else relates it structore to glycolysis , kreb cylce , and oxidative phospohoralation. ???

well you can go onto explain where glycolysis, krebs and link reaction occur, the foldings (cristae) increases surface area.
Reply 428
thanks remarkable for the homeostatis past paper booklet it took me ages to complete but all quetions were fine and time to mark it now !
I would love it if there was a nerve paper. Homeostasis is small in comparison to the other sub units.
MG.GULED
thanks remarkable for the homeostatis past paper booklet it took me ages to complete but all quetions were fine and time to mark it now !

Yea their marks usally range between 4-8 marks , lengthy ones <_<.
MG.GULED

can you send me the link please i cant find it
OMG i've just spent forever print screen-ing a past paper on nerves and now i can't post it on here. I click the paperclick thing and it says 'error on page'
It's in the first 10 pages and it's posted by Remarqable M
Tinkerbelle &#9829
OMG i've just spent forever print screen-ing a past paper on nerves and now i can't post it on here. I click the paperclick thing and it says 'error on page'

Put it all the pages on one word file. Then zip it up using win rar or just leave it as it. Then host it on a site like shareup(?)

I don't know any sites tbh. :frown:
I'll upload the mark scheme if anyones interested tomorrow at around 12. Let me know.
InvoluntarySlacker
Put it all the pages on one word file. Then zip it up using win rar or just leave it as it. Then host it on a site like shareup(?)

I don't know any sites tbh. :frown:

Only problem was I don't have word. So I had to open it from my college intranet and then print-screen it. I couldn't save it or anything!
Done it now though, hope it's usefull.
Investigating the Rate of Photosynthesis

Photosynthometer

- An apparatus used to measure the rate of photosynthesis by collecting and measuring the volume of oxygen produced in a certain time.

The apparatus is air tight and there no air bubbles in the capillary tubing. Experimenter can manipulate the syringe.

Volume of gas collected=Length of bubble x PiRsquared

A piece of pond weed is cut and placed into the beaker
containing water and sodium hydrogen carbonate. A lamp is used to provide light energy
Then count amount of bubbles released from the plant. Measure using scale ruler. The thermometer is used to measure the temperature.

The indepedent variable= Temperature
The dependent variable = air

Light intensity follows inverse square law >> I=1/Dsquared

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending