Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmericanChick)
    Hm...Aparently no one has posted here in a while...So what do you guys think of an american quarter horse as a jumper...Sort of nervous. Most people say it's fine but I'd feel much better on a less heavy horse like a thoroughbred or a warmblood... :rolleyes: By the way, how difficult is it to train a horse to jump...The first pic is of my filly's stallion. The 2nd is of my gelding.
    Those are pretty pro looking photos...

I think all horses are fine to jump (including QH) but I wouldn't expect to much from them. Their name gives away what they are best at and it dont say anything about being showjumpers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmericanChick)
    Hm...Aparently no one has posted here in a while...So what do you guys think of an american quarter horse as a jumper...Sort of nervous. Most people say it's fine but I'd feel much better on a less heavy horse like a thoroughbred or a warmblood... :rolleyes: By the way, how difficult is it to train a horse to jump...The first pic is of my filly's stallion. The 2nd is of my gelding.

I think pretty much any horse will jump, it just depends on what sort of standard you want to get to. Jumping is a built in reaction for horses, but obviously some are just better at it than others!! Has your horse jumped at all?

I don't know much about quarter horses (we don't get that many over here!!) but I've seen some very heavy Welsh sec D's jump clear in the local affiliated competitions

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in the play offs. The top three who have completed their usual 38 games should be automatically promoted. Why should a team who can be about 20 points behind third place get promoted?

ReputationRep:
    Ability to jump doesn't really have that much to do with the weight or size of the horse. It's more to do with what lines have been used to breed it....bone structure, joint structure etc etc. eg.Spanish horses would look like they should be able to jump but they are rubbish at it until they have some thoroughbred thrown in.

ReputationRep:
    Ill be cheering on Ipswich this weekend, but then the one after i will hope they lose

As for the play-offs, it should be something like this:

Round 1:
    5th vs 6th

Round 2:
    4th vs Winner of round 1

Final
    3rd vs Winner of round 2

Because then the teams will still be competing for a place at the end of the season rather than settling for 4th or something. And it gives the team who finished 3rd more of a chance to go up

ReputationRep:
    I used to go when i was in year 9, 10 and 11 because the school had a sailing club. I quit after RYA 2 though. We went on a trip round the English that was great....cold, but great lol

ReputationRep:
    Matt's poorly : He's lost a lot of muscle, especially around his withers, over the winter and his saddle has bruised his back (which is probably why I got bucked off a while ago) so his orders are two days off followed by a week on the lunge, starting today, in either a Pessoa or a Chambon to make him work through his back and hindquarters properly, which will help when he's back in work. he's also got to be exercised in a bungie rein when he's back in ridden work...should be fun... and all two weeks before a show! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lillith Grimore)
    Matt's poorly : He's lost a lot of muscle, especially around his withers, over the winter and his saddle has bruised his back (which is probably why I got bucked off a while ago) so his orders are two days off followed by a week on the lunge, starting today, in either a Pessoa or a Chambon to make him work through his back and hindquarters properly, which will help when he's back in work. he's also got to be exercised in a bungie rein when he's back in ridden work...should be fun... and all two weeks before a show! :eek:
    Oh no, how sucky. It'll probably be worth it in the long run though. Good luck when you get back on him!!

On another note, I'm gutted, I was supposed to be going to Leics County show at the weekend and watch all the cute ponies, but my friends pulled out so I either have to go on my own or not at all. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Who's better? who is more suitable as England Captain?
    and why?

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard because he can carry a team, plus he plays better when his team are up against it rather than Lampshade who often goes missing when he's really needed most.

Also, Lampshade is more likely to be replaced as there are many other players in a similar mould to him, less to with Gerrard.

Oh and Gerrard is better.

ReputationRep:
    lampard can be replaced????????? :confused:
    by whom??????

ReputationRep:
    Lampard can seem to be better, but he gets to play with the likes of Makalele, Robben and co. And like Jump said, Gerrard can carry his team whereas Franky is sometimes get carried along...

ReputationRep:
    Lampard easily. Dyer..wtf? He aint even a CAM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musafir_85)
    lampard can be replaced????????? :confused:
    by whom??????
    Gerrard

ReputationRep:
    But he'd be terrible in that position. =\

ReputationRep:
    For England it must be Lampard, Gerrard makes far too many mistakes for my liking at international level.

As for captaincy, neither!! I think Terry/Ferdinand would be better suited until Gerrard sorts himself out.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard has been doing well in both club and country competitions

recently he's been scoring more for England than Gerrard anyway, not sure on assists

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard's role isn't really to score. He's definitely the better defender of the two.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Lampard, just.

Maybe Gerrard more suited for captaincy, but I wouldn't have him as captain in the first place (at international level).

ReputationRep:
    Lampard, *****! :cool:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.