Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everything gets overhyped here, but Murray from what we've seen of him does look pretty good. He took Nalbandian to 5 sets, but lost out and Naldbandian then went through and beat Richard Gasquet in streight sets, who is 19 years old and world number 20. So that underlines Murray's potential I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieD)
    Tim Henman's performance was laughable at his last match. He could have least tried to go out with a bit of dignity - i cringed when he was shouting his mouth off "GET ME A COKE NOW" etc. I felt embarrassed for the guy.
    Yes he might of won other events, but let's face it - Wimbledon is the biggy.
    I didn't hear him say that.. i musn't have been paying attention.

Watch this now, Murray will rise into the top 100 and all the attention will be on him next year, and Henman will go on and win it or something. lol.

ReputationRep:
    ah it was fantabulous! i reached at about half eleven, like you all said, and watched a bit of the doubles match on ground courts, then I got my seats on court 1, and watched the sharapova match and then the davenport match, and it didn't even rain! like you said xenon, it was a really good experience, and i reccommend it to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    OMG this post caught my eye lol, my mind ran away lol. i dont ride hourses BTW, love cycle bikes tho

ReputationRep:
    So, how hard were they hitting the ball?

ReputationRep:
    sharpova and petrova were quite, they were grunting when they hit, like serena is famous for, but obviously not as loud! davenport and her oppononent (can't spell her name) didn't at all, and played very quietly!

ReputationRep:
    i was watching some of the match on tv and all i saw was the ball boy looking at sharapova's ass while she was serving, what a legend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    i was watching some of the match on tv and all i saw was the ball boy looking at sharapova's ass while she was serving, what a legend!
    lmao

ReputationRep:
    Federer isnt actually doing as well as people think he is, he hasnt won any grand slams this year. If he doesnt even win wimbledon, then that would be pretty unlucky considering his exceptional talent, so i think the pressure really is on him. He's so boringly composed though, it wud be funny to see him break down.
    Also, i cant believe how amazing Lopez is playing, i cant quite forgive him for beating Safin yet (aaaawwww why) but he seems really nice and cute too , he can definitely beat Lleyton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perkyDani)
    Federer isnt actually doing as well as people think he is, he hasnt won any grand slams this year. If he doesnt even win wimbledon, then that would be pretty unlucky considering his exceptional talent, so i think the pressure really is on him. He's so boringly composed though, it wud be funny to see him break down.
    Also, i cant believe how amazing Lopez is playing, i cant quite forgive him for beating Safin yet (aaaawwww why) but he seems really nice and cute too , he can definitely beat Lleyton
    A little overly optimistic of Federer's downfall this year!

He's reached the semis of the Australian and French opens (lost in epics), and has won 3 other major tournaments (pacific life, nasdaq, and hamburg). He's still top of the "champions race" - a good measure of form for the year so far.

And he's awesome when he wants to be - sometimes i think he doesn't put the effort into matches when he can't be bothered it the early rounds!

PS. I hope hewitt loses, just because he looks like a bit of an overgrown ferret. [just to spoil the tone of what was a serious post ]

ReputationRep:
    1. Sheridan
    2. Thompson
    3. Jenkins
    4. O'Connell
    5. Shaw
    6. Jones
    7. Moody
    8. Corry

9. Cusiter
    10. Hodgson
    11. Williams
    12. Henson
    13. Greenwood
    14. Thomas
    15. Lewsey

Your all going to hate my halves pairing...but i think hodgson is really the only guy who has brought his form with him to NZ, and cusiter, although being a different sort of scrummie to peel, has played well and often with hodgson (More pressure will be brought around the scrums, which will help the forwards - and peel is weaker in this area). I can understand if you stick Peel and Wilko in there too tho....
    If sheridan doesn't start he must atleast be on the bench - what an animal and a great impact player! Maybe titteral on the bench too...(versatility in support.etc., especially since mealamu isn't the biggest of hookers...)
    Must have moody in the side though...his tackle frequency, versatility and unquestioning commitment will really help ensure quick ball and also slow down the more open style of NZ play. Also getting the ball back from drop outs is handy too, and the charge downs, and i could go on...
    Think lewsey truly deserves to be at full back crashing through the lines - i would have Murphy on the bench, or maybe robinson, but both haven't been at their best in recent matches.
    Back on the bench maybe - can play at the top level as a sub and will bring security if needed...
    I would keep greenwood in the centres aswell - i know this is still seen as england "old guard" but he is so dependable in defence, and is the best OC we have with the current injuries.
    After shaws performance today he's got to look in with a good shot of a bench atleast - he's a good jumper and gets in there with the nasty where grewcock left off...remember, if he gets cited, he can still close out the game knowing he is screwed for a coupla months, so put the body on the line! (maybe get some deserved BOD style revenge...)

Remember...after the show on saturday, double-teaming spears are fair game...i predict a very vertical future for some of nz's players - you fancy starting a book on who will be done first?
    My moneys on tana, although mccaw being a valuable talisman also...

Thomas should make a good captain...he certainly has all the passion that you need to lead from the front. Although there is a suspicion that SCW is apologising to the welsh for his first test line-up!

I just cant wait for the game...or the team announcement now....
    in true disney style:
    "Why aren't you asleep?"
    "I Can't, I'm too excited!"

ReputationRep:
    England would have won! damn the rain!

ReputationRep:
    wot a game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    wot a game.
    Shame England didnt get to bat though init

ReputationRep:
    Strauss whacking four fours in one Glenn Mcgrath over was class!!! In for a wicked summer of cricket with the askes me thinks....

Jones v Hayden better kick off again!

ReputationRep:
    Starting to respect your opinion now. You know your stuff. Agree with Moody choice, wanted him in my fantasy team, but knew he wouldn;t be picked. I admire his chasing of kicks.. he puts his body on the line every time!

Look forward to a great test on Saturday where hopefully we'll win.

ReputationRep:
    What a catch by Pietersen aswell, definetley didnt touch the floor :cool:

ReputationRep:
    aww! your just saying that because i picked more welshman really!
    I was gutted when henson didn't get picked before - but maybe SCW wanted to knock him down a bit...McGeechan was stating he was a bit of a loner.etc., amongst the team - and thats because of his ego. maybe woodward sees himself in henson and wants to culture him in his own image!
    It looks like corry might lose out on this one (according to the bbc...) with easterby at 6 and jones at 8 - sounds pretty good to me.
    After seeing moody play with the lions in cardiff even when he wasn't on top form is truly astonishing...definately my favourite player in world rugby and would love to style my feable back-row perfomances upon him!
    My fantasy team was quality for the game yesterday...williams, darcy, corry, bulloch, shaw - it doesn't get any better than that!

ReputationRep:
    sheridan and shaw are not in the team!
    tom shanklin too!

regardless, i'm really looking forward to the match!

ReputationRep:
    team to face NZ in the second test

Josh Lewsey; Jason Robinson, Gareth Thomas (captain,), Gavin Henson, Shane Williams; Jonny Wilkinson, Dwayne Peel; Gethin Jenkins, Steve Thompson, Julian White; Paul O'Connell, Donncha O'Callaghan; Simon Easterby, Lewis Moody, Ryan Jones.

Replacements: Shane Byrne, Graham Rowntree, Martin Corry, Martyn Williams, Matt Dawson, Stephen Jones, Shane Horgan.

i reckon they will win, thats a strong team :top:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.