Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pete77)
    Not worth going !

No British players left !

No Greats playing the game the Sampras, Aggasi, Becker, Rafter all gone !

Jus few good players with not much competition !
    Rubbish

ReputationRep:
    Pistons will last pretty long, considering that their players are pretty young.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Federer beats Hewitt, I hate Hewitt and not just cos he's an aussie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    you are a loser mate, plain and simple.
    Ran out of proper discussional points?

ReputationRep:
    I work as a tennis assistant in my spare time. I'm 18 and I coach kids from the age of 3 to 18. If you can time a ball it is never too late. A couple of lessons with a professional coach can make a lot of difference.

I work at my local tennis club and have also been doing some work recently for the my county association, and I get people of all ages starting. The LTA runs play tennis days to get people of all ages to play tennis, look on the lta website and you may be able to find some as they are going on all summer.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Havnt been impressed with Roddick at all. I think he was playing better last year and after seeing Federer play today I think it will be a straight sets win in the final if Roddick beats Johansson
    Let's hope that doesn't happen! Don't get me wrong, Roddick seems like a nice guy and I know he has other shots in his game, but tis all power power power with him and it'd be lovely to see a Fed/Hewitt/Johansson final, where skill rather than power serving would be apparent. Besides, I'm rooting for Johansson anyway :p: - he's an amazing player - I really really hope he wins his match against Roddick, but given the past two times they played Johansson lost...*hopes favour is smiling down on thomas* lol.

ReputationRep:
    No, I missed it. But go Yorkshire! While I'm on this subject, I heard something a while back about the ECB trying to get Twenty20 cricket into the Olympic Games. Does anyone else know owt about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    I hope Federer beats Hewitt, I hate Hewitt and not just cos he's an aussie
    Why? *curious*

ReputationRep:
    i hope that Roddick wins because feddera has already one and he seems like a good chap, hopefully in a few years Andy Murray will win i think he stands a good chance if he is fit enough. Hewitt really annoys me though with his over the top come ons and general pratty behavour. The only other thing that annoys me in tennis is the grunts that the woman generally make that should be band firstly it is off putting and secondly it is not very lady like. Apart from that i think Wimbledon is great fun, every game i watch inspires me to go out and play until i realise i am no way near as good as the people on TV. I think that it will be anmother final between Roddick and Feddera but hopefully Roddick will win.

ReputationRep:
    Alo' again! just wondering if there are and road cyclists amound us within the Crystal Palace area who could give tips on some nice cycle routes or fancy going out on a ride.

let us know guys and girls!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pete77)
    Not worth going !

No British players left !

No Greats playing the game the Sampras, Aggasi, Becker, Rafter all gone !

Jus few good players with not much competition !
    Rafter, Sampras or becker? Have you actually watched any tennis over the last 10 yrs? The current line up with Federer, Roddick, Johanson etc is quality and the quarter finals were also good. What i do hate tho is womens tennis..even watching Williams, Sharapova (tennis only ) etc isnt as good as the mens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    Ooh, I'm going this afternoon! No idea what or who I'll see, but we'll give it a bash.
    It was pretty good!

Started off on the outside courts watching some doubles I've never heard of, then got onto Centre Court to watch Hantuchova's doubles game, and to Court 1 at the end to see Navratalova... and all for £14 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    no you dont even warrant a discussion, I have no time for people who think racist jokes like that are funny.

ReputationRep:
    been surfing its ace,

Cant imagine you'd get massive waves around Rngland though coz its all pretty sheltered from the open ocean currents and onshores by Ireland on one side and Channell on the other.
    we get a few partially large waves but nothing you could get serious air or speed off. It is quite hard to get into, my first time i used a SWELL board as it soaks up with water making it quite heavy and easy to stabilise on!!!!!

completely wrong subject altogether but does anyone like the beach boys they ROCK!!!

ReputationRep:
    It looks really fun, but i can see myself falling off if i did try it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, mabey this is just me, but is anyone out there supersitious about how certain insignificant things you do may have an impact on your team?? I was watching the natwest series and australia lost the first 2, and then I realised my sofa pillow was upside down, as soon as I fixed that they started winning again stupid I know... but I like my sports and I like to think that my barracking has some effect on my team

ReputationRep:
    well lat time the wallabies played England I would go and cover my eyes in a corner whenever they kicked, whenever i did this they missed.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i heard it but i doubt the standards wouldnt be that high, as internationals wouldnt be allowed to play plus there arent many cricket playing nations and 20-20 really is a case of whos lucky on the day. One of the best all round 20-20 players has been Mongia who plays for Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    What I like about Roddick is that he seems likeable and has a good sense of humour. Plus, he's a gutsy player.

ReputationRep:
    So through the public ballot, would you not get more than one ticket? Can you apply for more than one ticket and if you get the ticket, do you get all the tickets you request for?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.