Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    So through the public ballot, would you not get more than one ticket? Can you apply for more than one ticket and if you get the ticket, do you get all the tickets you request for?
    I'm about 90% sure you get a pair of tickets. You apply once and they assign you to a day and court (Centre or No. 1). If you can't make that day then it's just tough... they give it to someone else :rolleyes: You can't change day unfortunately!

ReputationRep:
    Woodbridge retires!

Half of the best doubles pairing I have ever seen. One of the Woodies. For many years, I loved watching Woodbridge and Woodforde playing in the doubles matches and winning numerous titles. I'd like to say congratulations to Woodbridge for a brillaint future and good luck for the future.

ReputationRep:
    I went last year, and had tickets for court No.1 and No.2! The two biggest courts after Centre. It was really good because I just flitted between the two! I saw Justine Henin-Hardene play, Ferrero, Philippousis (sp?), Federer amongst others. I really enjoyed it - great day out! Got really sunburnt though. I pay £5 for a tennis ball keyring; it broke on the train back from London!! It's cool, you can always just pop in and watch the junior matches too - they seem to be really enclosed and claustrophobic as well! I saw Venus and Serena entering court No.2 and I brushed past Serena!! I later on, near Henman Hill, saw their father, Richard Williams wondering around so I chatted to him for a bit and got his photograph! Twas fun.

ReputationRep:
    What I like about Roddick is that he seems likeable and has a good sense of humour. Plus, he's a gutsy player.
    He's fit as well, which is always a bonus. :p: Nah, he does seem very funny. I want him to win, especially because of the American Express adverts! I think Federer will win though; tis almost inevitable.

ReputationRep:
    He was awesome, he was an awesome doubles player and also a very good singles player. Whoever he played with, he was always a threat.

ReputationRep:
    What a first set between Sharopova and Venus Williams, best set i've seen in the whole tournament. Cant believe Venus is playing so well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    What a first set between Sharopova and Venus Williams, best set i've seen in the whole tournament. Cant believe Venus is playing so well!
    Definately... gunna be very hard for Sharopova to break back this set.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to see woodward has changed things round. Delighted to see Donncha O'Callaghan starting, he never gets a fair deal when it comes to Irish selection. Ironic that on taking Byrne off we are left with three Irish line out jumpers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Definately... gunna be very hard for Sharopova to break back this set.
    yep, looks like shes lost.

ReputationRep:
    some good lookalikes!

LOL at mauresmo!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/wimble...okalike1.shtml

ReputationRep:
    Maria goes out Credit to Venus she played some great stuff today and outplayed Maria although she didnt play her best stuff

ReputationRep:
    She won! woohoo! I'm so happy Venus is back!!! Go Venus!

ReputationRep:
    Would be good to see him go out with a win in the mixed doubles

ReputationRep:
    All those Sharpova commercials look funny now.

I think Venus will win it all, now that she's back on her A game.

ReputationRep:
    i wonder what will now become of sharapova, will she still be able to cope with the pressure of her sponsers? or do you think after today's performance she may well be the next anna kournikova.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daban)
    i wonder what will now become of sharapova, will she still be able to cope with the pressure of her sponsers? or do you think after today's performance she may well be the next anna kournikova.
    nah she'll be back, Venus was just unstoppable today, if she plays like that again, shes won it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daban)
    I don't think she will get that bad. She's too much of a fighter for that, but she wont beat either of the Williams sisters again!

ReputationRep:
    i hope she does, after this season i think the william's' reign on womens tennis may be stopped in its tracks, even thier father doesnt believe they have that love for tennis anymore, which is vital for winning.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think will win between Davenport and Mauresmo? Davenport is winning at the moment but in my opinion watching Davenport is sooo boring. Mauresmo is not really playing her best either

ReputationRep:
    Can someone answer my question? How come you don't see top single players playing doubles anymore? Like the William sisters do not play doubles anymore. Also how does Todd Woodbridge (double tennis players)be ranked compared to someone who only plays singles?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.