Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
tiempo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Being part of the team that won the London Ad-League Tourny
We will be going back to defend our title and bring back our crate of beer on Sunday

And of course hitting my first home run for the Fugitives
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Woooo Venus! I love the Williams sisters it really annoys me that year after year they get underestimated!
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Woooo Venus! I love the Williams sisters it really annoys me that year after year they get underestimated!
Year after year? They havnt been underestimated at all. Their downfall as the top two started two years ago albeit through injuries. Their form since hasnt been what it was in 2002-2003 but nobody has underestimated them. Serena lost to Crybas at wimbledon this year who is nothing special and Venus hasnt been in a grand slam final for two years now.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The Williams have been in the last 5 Wimbledon finals, that is a impressive record
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by chats)
The Williams have been in the last 5 Wimbledon finals, that is a impressive record
(I mean either Serena or Venus have been runners up or winners in 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004)

and now 2005 aswell

Oh yeh and they played each other in the finals in 03 and 02

Never underestimate them
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.retromania.com/national/italia/italia.php
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Doesn't work ='(
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I may back the AB's here, but when 3N starts in a few weeks, hell have no fury like a Wallaby supporters scorn. muhahahhaa
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
I may back the AB's here, but when 3N starts in a few weeks, hell have no fury like a Wallaby supporters scorn. muhahahhaa
:ditto:
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
IN Brisbane tomorrow night.

Im going! yay!

however, down to business.

After an ordinary tour of South Africa the Frogs have come to play in Brissie for the 1st time since 1997.

The wallabies have shown great form against both Italy and Samoa, these teams were not very well.. competative at all.

Should be an interesting game, with Latho back in Wallaby 15.

I think the wallabies by 15.

>>>Oh I did manage to go to a little pre-game wallas thing last night where I met George Gregan, Bill Young, Chris "old man" Whitaker and Scott Fava, the boys looked really bored and tired.. which is really understandable. I also saw Mark Chisholm shopping, hes an old Terrace boy out with his mates so that was cool. Its mad to have a jersey collar signed by the most capped Wallaby in history.
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
erm...

either my schools rugby team winning the european international schools championship, or setting the record for the fastest 50m of breastroke in brussels (for under 15s )
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Me? I lost 5 consecutive times on table tennis championships. I never won it. But I won a badminton tournament once, although it was regional finals, and not the nationals.
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I still hold the girls' record for the 400m at my school
It's actually not that great - like 1 minute 15 or something... but hehe I'm still unbeaten
The sad thing is last year Micaela and I (we were the two presidents for our house) did every single 6th form event between us - because 6th formers are just fat and can't b bothered :p: And I missed beating my own record by a something like 0.24 of a second - grrr!!

Edit ooo ooo and I nearly forgot my cross country "achievements" :p: - 6th in district..... 43rd in county
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Year after year? They havnt been underestimated at all. Their downfall as the top two started two years ago albeit through injuries. Their form since hasnt been what it was in 2002-2003 but nobody has underestimated them. Serena lost to Crybas at wimbledon this year who is nothing special and Venus hasnt been in a grand slam final for two years now.
(Original post by chats)
This is what I'm remarking on, that every year for the last couple of years no-one even cites the sisters to win Wimbledon anymore, even though one of them always makes it to the final! And the turn about in public support for them has been shocking. Sitting on Henmen hill last year, with no exaggeration I was the only one supporting Serena in her match against Mauresmo, which is a great turnabout in favour from a few years before where the Williams sisters were darlings.
JaF
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I scored 23 goals last week (but I did play football for about 8.5 hours).
fredwad
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I watch bball, but i far prefer playing it
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
Doesn't work ='(
Hehehe, I know! :rofl:
Sorry man!
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmm...i am obviously going to support the lions, but it will be a big challenge to overturn the deficit from last week...but, if anyone can do it from our remaining players these are definately the ones - fast, attacking and with amazing vision.
SideView
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JaF)
I scored 23 goals last week (but I did play football for about 8.5 hours).
what just messing about ?

i scored 16 goals in one game once in Power League an the team werent that bad
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Federer is just too good, it's bad for the game! \=
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.86%
No - but I will (46)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.32%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
46.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise