The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
The Williams have been in the last 5 Wimbledon finals, that is a impressive record
Reply 2101
chats
The Williams have been in the last 5 Wimbledon finals, that is a impressive record

(I mean either Serena or Venus have been runners up or winners in 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004)

and now 2005 aswell

Oh yeh and they played each other in the finals in 03 and 02

Never underestimate them
Reply 2103
Doesn't work ='(
I may back the AB's here, but when 3N starts in a few weeks, hell have no fury like a Wallaby supporters scorn. muhahahhaa
Everdawn
I may back the AB's here, but when 3N starts in a few weeks, hell have no fury like a Wallaby supporters scorn. muhahahhaa
:ditto:
IN Brisbane tomorrow night.

Im going! yay!

however, down to business.

After an ordinary tour of South Africa the Frogs have come to play in Brissie for the 1st time since 1997.

The wallabies have shown great form against both Italy and Samoa, these teams were not very well.. competative at all.

Should be an interesting game, with Latho back in Wallaby 15.

I think the wallabies by 15.

>>>Oh I did manage to go to a little pre-game wallas thing last night where I met George Gregan, Bill Young, Chris "old man" Whitaker and Scott Fava, the boys looked really bored and tired.. which is really understandable. I also saw Mark Chisholm shopping, hes an old Terrace boy out with his mates so that was cool. Its mad to have a jersey collar signed by the most capped Wallaby in history.
Reply 2107
erm...

either my schools rugby team winning the european international schools championship, or setting the record for the fastest 50m of breastroke in brussels (for under 15s :wink: )
Reply 2108
Me? I lost 5 consecutive times on table tennis championships. I never won it. But I won a badminton tournament once, although it was regional finals, and not the nationals.
I still hold the girls' record for the 400m at my school
It's actually not that great - like 1 minute 15 or something... but hehe I'm still unbeaten :biggrin:
The sad thing is last year Micaela and I (we were the two presidents for our house) did every single 6th form event between us - because 6th formers are just fat and can't b bothered :p: And I missed beating my own record by a something like 0.24 of a second - grrr!!

Edit ooo ooo and I nearly forgot my cross country "achievements" :p: - 6th in district..... 43rd in county :biggrin:
Reply 2110
Economist
Year after year? They havnt been underestimated at all. Their downfall as the top two started two years ago albeit through injuries. Their form since hasnt been what it was in 2002-2003 but nobody has underestimated them. Serena lost to Crybas at wimbledon this year who is nothing special and Venus hasnt been in a grand slam final for two years now.

chats

This is what I'm remarking on, that every year for the last couple of years no-one even cites the sisters to win Wimbledon anymore, even though one of them always makes it to the final! And the turn about in public support for them has been shocking. Sitting on Henmen hill last year, with no exaggeration I was the only one supporting Serena in her match against Mauresmo, which is a great turnabout in favour from a few years before where the Williams sisters were darlings.
Reply 2111
I scored 23 goals last week (but I did play football for about 8.5 hours).
Reply 2112
I watch bball, but i far prefer playing it
Jump
Doesn't work ='(

Hehehe, I know! :rofl:
Sorry man!
Hmm...i am obviously going to support the lions, but it will be a big challenge to overturn the deficit from last week...but, if anyone can do it from our remaining players these are definately the ones - fast, attacking and with amazing vision.
JaF
I scored 23 goals last week (but I did play football for about 8.5 hours).

what just messing about ?

i scored 16 goals in one game once in Power League an the team werent that bad
Federer is just too good, it's bad for the game! \=
riding is the best sport ever, today i have hacked out 2 horses and schooled one. My horses are such dudes, i have three, 2 cobs and an arab and compete them regularly. I admit i have been to hospital more times than i care to think of due to being kicked, knocked out and with broken limbs but i spose thats wot u get from 15 years of riding almost every day. hehe.
Reply 2118
Making the trials for the Great Britain swimming team when I was 18, representing Yorkshire County Cricket Club's junior team, captaining my village cricket team to county glory, or being scouted by the British Bulldogs American football team. :biggrin:
Bekaboo

Edit ooo ooo and I nearly forgot my cross country "achievements" :p: - 6th in district..... 43rd in county :biggrin:

Damn you beat me :p: I came 10th and 69th respectively :biggrin:

Latest