Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    riding is the best sport ever, today i have hacked out 2 horses and schooled one. My horses are such dudes, i have three, 2 cobs and an arab and compete them regularly. I admit i have been to hospital more times than i care to think of due to being kicked, knocked out and with broken limbs but i spose thats wot u get from 15 years of riding almost every day. hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Making the trials for the Great Britain swimming team when I was 18, representing Yorkshire County Cricket Club's junior team, captaining my village cricket team to county glory, or being scouted by the British Bulldogs American football team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)

Edit ooo ooo and I nearly forgot my cross country "achievements" :p: - 6th in district..... 43rd in county
    Damn you beat me :p: I came 10th and 69th respectively

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YourSideView)
    ok what is your own personal greatest achievement in sport?
    :champ:

Mine would be my team coming second out of England in Korfball when i was in High School...not that great but its a start!
    I would say being a rep for Queensland in BBall but that didnt give me as much satisfaction than playing in the same team of girls for 8 years like I did at club and Brisbane rep.

ReputationRep:
    i won an inter-school squash tournament this yr. everyone else was pretty useless though. also set a new shot put record this yr

ReputationRep:
    fed is the new sampras.

ReputationRep:
    my boyf loves basketball. supports pistons.. and he is a very good player himself!!

ReputationRep:
    i been sailing a bit.. not dead confident with it though cos i dont really get the chance with working etc,..
    My brother is great at sailing.. he loves it... won quite a few trophies etc, hes done a rib course...a spinaker course etc

ReputationRep:
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    LSE aren't too great at sports generally. Although I've only heard that from students at KCL and UCL so I am aware of the UoL college rivalry etc.
    Probably not the most independent source

ReputationRep:
    Sorry dont play

ReputationRep:
    Sorry dont skate

ReputationRep:
    Okay i wanna take up sandboarding. I'm a lady and a quite tall but i'm not sure wot sort of board to get or anything about it really. I no that u can have tighter bindings so don't need snowboots. I also no that you can use snowboard as a sandboard but where do i start? I tried to find a snowboard forum but no luck. Sumone please help i need hints to get started. Also if anyone wants to sell and old board i got bout £20 to spend :love: lol not gonna get me far but hey???

thanks for looking

ReputationRep:
    At school I got the girl's javelin school record in yrs 7,8,9,10 and senior (11, 12 & 13). The last time I looked I still hold all of them. I also won the district championships in years 7, 10 and 13 - in year 7 I got the district record, though it was broken only the year after. I also won the county championship in years 9 and 13. I represented Hertfordshire at javelin about 3 times too.

ReputationRep:
    Who would win if Federer played a young Sampras? It seems too tough to call, they are both the complete player.

ReputationRep:
    Sharapova didn't play too good againt Venus. Most ppl found that game interesting, it was a bit boring personally. Hardly any variation, just a match about who can hit the ball the hardest from side to side. You barely saw a slice, or a deep drive and a player running to the net, or a drop shot.. nothing. It was the same old crap every game.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think will win between Davenport and Williams? I think Davenport might win although she is boring she is quite consistent whereas Williams kinda loses concentration in general but not yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    Does anyone skate at all?
    I bought a 'nearly new' pair of skates last term, in the view of getting competent enough to skate into town or to sainsbury and save some time on travel. and also i think it's quite cool to be able to skate

so far i've mastered going forward and the t-stop. are there any other things i should learn, and how should i go about practising?
    lol, I dare you to use em to get to Huxley every morning , it'll cut your journey from 40 seconds to 20 seconds! Hey 50% of time saved !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swifty)
    Who do you think will win between Davenport and Williams? I think Davenport might win although she is boring she is quite consistent whereas Williams kinda loses concentration in general but not yesterday!
    Erm...*muses* I'd love to see Venus win, and I think she will if she plays like she did against Sharapova. But if she doesn't keep her concentration up Davenport will take advantage swiftly. My money's on Venus though!

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one rooting for the lovely Thomas Johansson rather than Roddick? (once the semi-final eventually comes on air again!) Just wondering...most of my friends adore Roddick and his power game but I'd far rather see Johansson in the final.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.