Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I used to play for a small club, but now just have a massive interest in it, mainly international cricket rather than county. In regards to womens cricket, it just isnt as strong as womens tennis and poor quality from what little iv seen, but then what do you expect.

ReputationRep:
    i cant make a decision between those cities cause they are all cities that i love the most in this world so i will wait till the results come in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryFairy2)
    Hey

I'm nearly 15, but after watching wimbledon I want to play tennis. Not at an amazing standard or anything, but taking it quite seriously. Am I too old to start? I know most ppl start when they're about 3 or somthing. I used to play quite a lot when I was 8/9/10 but stopped when I got older.

Have any of you fine people started playing tennis later in life? (OK 15 is hardly later, but compared to all the tiny kids I see wacking balls around at my local club...)

any help appreciatd! :tsr:
    I started playing when I was 17(a year ago) and I can beat allot of people who have been plying for ages. Also my mate started playing today and somehow was immense straight away.
    So 15 is definatly not to late to start unless its Wimbleon or nothing for you.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that in a match which should have been the closest because it was between the top 2 players in the world was so one-sided. Federer was amazing! Woever he plays in the final, he's odds on to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White_redrose)
    Am I the only one rooting for the lovely Thomas Johansson rather than Roddick? (once the semi-final eventually comes on air again!) Just wondering...most of my friends adore Roddick and his power game but I'd far rather see Johansson in the final.

I prefer Roddick..but that is only my opinion...everyone is different

ReputationRep:
    I want to see someone challenging Federer in the final, and I don't think that Johansson is capable of doing this.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Roddick goes on to win it.
    I can honestly see him overpowering Federer in the final, breaking him a few times and smashing tonnes of 140+ MPH aces in!

Go Andy!

ReputationRep:
    I don't see Roddick breaking Federer more than twice (three times if you're pushing it). Roddick's serve is indeed the best in the game, but in open play his standard isn't much greater than Hewitt's, who himself didn't even break Federer I think? (maybe once).

If Venus plays as she did against Sharapova, I think she'll win the women's.

ReputationRep:
    i think that will be a match to watch since both of them are at their best in this surface..... i suits them

also this is venus home her first grand slam ground and she will try her best for the title tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Word on the street is that the match up between Baby and Giteau is going to be huge!

Only a few hours now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    I hope Roddick goes on to win it.
    I can honestly see him overpowering Federer in the final, breaking him a few times and smashing tonnes of 140+ MPH aces in!

Go Andy!
    No way. As big As Roddick's forehand is, Federer's IS bigger. Plus Federer can read Roddick's serve-- you seen that each time they met, it doesnt matter how hard he hits it. Federer has got too much variation, unless he has an off day, Roddick cant beat him.

(Not to mention he's probably the fastest player around, bar Hewitt!)

ReputationRep:
    :bawling: :bawling:

its all over

ReputationRep:
    learn to do t stop with both skates - it'll save you from wearing one set of wheels only.
    Learn to go backwards!!!
    learn to roll off curbs at an angle so you can skate on both pavement and roads and switch between the two quickly without falling over.
    Learn to slalom? As it'll come in handy if you ever skate through Oxford Street Brillaint

Jump.
    Learn to Jump!!!

When you can skate when you are hammered, you know you are there

ReputationRep:
    If we're loosing at half time I watch the rest of the match in a different room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    well lat time the wallabies played England I would go and cover my eyes in a corner whenever they kicked, whenever i did this they missed.
    You do that everytime theN?

Thats just caused by playing badly :p:

ReputationRep:
    england are doing pretty well at da moment. i think the aussie middle order will go cheaply. i think this match is englands

ReputationRep:
    Yep looks like England have it in the bag, although with McGrath and Lee you never know. Australias top 3 have have got out cheaply in most of the one dayers, which then puts pressue on Clarke, Symonds (whos been amazing), Hussey etc to perform. However with a different order in tests, they will be a different side.

ReputationRep:
    England are going to do it.

They have played well and deserve it. Australia need to look really hard at how they've played this series. Coz they ain't played well. Can't wait for the tests!

ReputationRep:
    Wicked 3rd set!
    Great tennis from Johannsen, shame he couldn't win the tie-break!

ReputationRep:
    Great match - and to think Murray almost beat Johanason too! :eek:

Should Roddick win, it will be 1st seed vs 2nd seed final - how often does that happen? Not very is the answer.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.