Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Great match, it's weird cuz I wanted a Davenport vs Venus final after Serena got beaten in the earlier stages...not sure why, but it seemed like it would be good and it sure delivered, .....I felt bad for Davenport when she had the problems with her back tho...you could see she was trying to overcome it and she even had a championship point which she didn't get . Nevermind, all credit to Venus, you could see it meant alot to her, I always love a Williams in the final, the power they produce is amazing! Commiserations to Lindsay cuz she was inches away!

Btw, I was a bit confused, why did they not have a tie-breaker in the last set? Do they just carry on playing until someone is 2 games ahead of the other?

ReputationRep:
    amazing, absolutely amazing!!!!

Draw game!!!! ENGLANNNND!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    Btw, I was a bit confused, why did they not have a tie-breaker in the last set? Do they just carry on playing until someone is 2 games ahead of the other?
    Yep, mens and womens, last set cant be decided on a tie break.

So in theory the match could have gone to 16-18

ReputationRep:
    ahahah pretty funny end..
    personal i think since england still had a wicket they shouldve won :P

ReputationRep:
    that no ball was priceless!

ReputationRep:
    Wow wota finish, i switched it off about 25 min ago as i thought England would smash it towards the end, but some brilliant bowling by the Aussies (as i predicted).

ReputationRep:
    yea i was like HAAHHAHA you suck ben mcgraw! or w/e you spell his name ._.
    go harmison! even though he did nothing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    yea i was like HAAHHAHA you suck ben mcgraw! or w/e you spell his name ._.
    go harmison! even though he did nothing...
    glen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by python05)
    glen...
    shows you how much attention i gave to the match...
    tbh i only watched the bangladesh matches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    amazing, absolutely amazing!!!!

Draw game!!!! ENGLANNNND!
    i think england could have still won it- draw seems the fairer result, but the aussies bowled good until the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    shows you how much attention i gave to the match...
    tbh i only watched the bangladesh matches
    my mate hosted the bangali team after their aussie win:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    That was great, nice one Venus!!!

If might have been different if Lindsay hadnt got injured
    Yea, well played Venus! =)
    Nice to see her winning... eventho i was supporting miss piggy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Yea, well played Venus! =)
    Nice to see her winning... eventho i was supporting mis piggy.
    haha miss piggy! 6ft3' She is not human :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Last year after Wimbledon I was like, 'I wanna play tennis!' I do it every year after Wimbledon, lol, I even went all out buying 'Ace' magazine and everything after Goran won in 2001...this year I'm at it again, but I know I won't start! There's tennis courts just a few minutes' drive from my house but I have no one to play with and can't be bothered! I feel a bit elderly, at 16, though...

But I say go for it! You never know, you could be some sort of prodigy! And even if you're not, you'll have fun and you will improve.

ReputationRep:
    Why, why are people never interested in ice/figure skating?

ReputationRep:
    Venus had me scared for a while there, but she pulled it off! Good for her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    Great match, it's weird cuz I wanted a Davenport vs Venus final after Serena got beaten in the earlier stages...not sure why, but it seemed like it would be good and it sure delivered, .....I felt bad for Davenport when she had the problems with her back tho...you could see she was trying to overcome it and she even had a championship point which she didn't get . Nevermind, all credit to Venus, you could see it meant alot to her, I always love a Williams in the final, the power they produce is amazing! Commiserations to Lindsay cuz she was inches away!

They just dont have tie breakers in last sets.

ReputationRep:
    Well done England and Australia!!! Good match!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    This is what I'm remarking on, that every year for the last couple of years no-one even cites the sisters to win Wimbledon anymore, even though one of them always makes it to the final!
    Damn! I'm just always right!

ReputationRep:
    Well done to Venus. Bad luck to Davenport, I wanted her to win!! I hope the mens final is amazing but I really want Roddick to win! I'm getting quite bored with Federer, even though he is a class player!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.