Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Adds to the entertainment when Sharapova is on.

ReputationRep:
    They must be weak.. sharapova was playing a simple drop shot against venus which just requires a tap of the ball and she's like AHHHHHH!!!!!11

***** please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timhenman)
    They must be weak.. sharapova was playing a simple drop shot against venus which just requires a tap of the ball and she's like AHHHHHH!!!!!11

***** please
    been watching Hot Chick by any chance? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    nice to see the Henman fans rep!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Are you friggin jokin? Do you watch tennis? The standard of the women's game compared to men's is ridiculous! the 500th best male player would beat Venus Williams without doubt (who despite winning wimbledon three times is like 10th in the world) and you are suggesting Tim Henman, the 7th best MALE tennis player, and the richest man never to win a grand slam would be beaten by her? lol wake up, 6-0 6-0.
    Yeah I know you're right. There's a big gulf between the men's and the women's game people...

ReputationRep:
    I hope we get to see Henman Vs Murray in the near future

ReputationRep:
    I loved when he said he should punch Federer! LOL.
    I'm glad Federer won :love: but it would've been nice for Roddick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainjan_4now)
    VENUS WILLIAMS! Tin Henman has made a wise decision not to come back to wimbledon again. I would use the phase "quit while you're ahead" here, but he wasn't exactly proving to his fans that he was still a strong player was he?
    He's not coming back to wimbledon? He's got about another 4 years left in the tank yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    tim has not been a complete failure just because he's never won wimbledon
    I agree. If people think he is a failure to the extent that people advocate, then start criticising Arsenal FC for their crud performances in Europe!

ReputationRep:
    ok....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    I hope we get to see Henman Vs Murray in the near future
    So do I.

ReputationRep:
    i would love tim to win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YourSideView)
    i would love tim to win
    I reckon Murray would though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    I reckon Murray would though
    Tim is still ranked a lot higher and has loads more stamina, I think Tim will only play for another 3 years and so will retire before murray gets better then him. So if they do play, Henman to win.

ReputationRep:
    Tennis is one of those things that you can pick up at any time and once you have picked it up you might get a little scrappy but you never lose all of the ability to play the game. I started to play short tennis aged 5 and have played tennis for the fourteen years since, although I stopped taking it seriously in any way a long time ago. Having neglected it mainly in my first year at university I came home and have played the best tennis in years. Starting young is helpful for picking up some of the fundamental skills, but it is by no means essential to do so. I would recommend anyone take up the game without hesitation. I've had years of fun out of it.

ReputationRep:
    I bet Roddick is thinking he can never beat Federer on grass!!!! Good luck for next year Roddick!!! But hopefully Mario Ancic will be back with a vengance!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, when someone pointed the grunts etc out to me, that is all i could hear for the entire match!!!!!!! The grunting etc went up a notch during the Sharapove v Williams match!!! Even Boris Becker said that he had to turn the sound off and just watch it like that!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, a Henman V Murray match would be excellent!!! I would pay good money to watch that!!!

ReputationRep:
    5 sets or 3??

Venus would have troubel with 5 sets...
    other than that I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    i love this tennis game...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tenn...is/default.stm

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.