Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I went on a hack last week on a crazy Fjord. Was a lot of fun to get back in the saddle.

ReputationRep:
    Wow this game is soooo cool!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiempo)
    when you say interested, do you mean to do the sport or just to watch it?
    I find it amazing how they can spin and land it!
    I'm finding it hard just to 540!!!
    Hooray! :party:

What type of spin are you talking about? The three most basic are upright, camel and sit.

ReputationRep:
    yeah careful tho.... remember to eat and drink between playing!

ReputationRep:
    I actually find it funny - how they're all dressed nicely in skirts and then you hear them scream 'ARRRGGHH' :rofl:

It's only the professionals who do it anyway - you never go to a tennis club and hear people grunting.

ReputationRep:
    except for some reason its usually higher pitch, gets louder through the match and has more passion...lol turn the picture off and itll make u wonder what the hell ur missing

ReputationRep:
    davenport was silent for most of the final...only one or two outbursts.

unlike that screaming horse across the court.

ReputationRep:
    billie-jean king worked as hard as she could and trained her ass off for months to play against that guy she beat

the guy she beat on the other hand didn't take his jacket off until the last set and did virtually no training before the match, instead being forced to promote it

and the match was still pretty close

it would be the equilavent of venus williams playing a fat, overweight, undertrained ex-tennis player and thats the only chance venus would have of beating a man

a fit, top 10 ranked male player would crush her

ReputationRep:
    a fit, top 10 ranked male player would crush her
    Yes, but what about tim henman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saree)
    Aaaww! Bad luck Roddick! Well done to Federer! He is just a cut above the rest! I'm in awe as to how gracefully Roddick accepts defeat...he's always funny in his interviews afterwards with Sue Barker!
    I'm still upset about Johansson losing but I do agree - in his favour, Roddick respects the other players and is very gracious in defeat, and I did feel sorry for him today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death)
    All that went through Roddick's mind throghout that match was:
    "He is not superman. He can't be! Damn...maybe he is"
    hehe, true!

ReputationRep:
    getting to the final of north-west of englands under 19's basketball tournament this year and i just got MVP for our academy yesterday. Had trials for the england team when I was in year 9. Going to play basketball at a camp in seattle in two weeks time to

ReputationRep:
    HistoryStudent thas impressive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiantang)
    That describes Henman.

ReputationRep:
    Venus probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    That describes Henman.
    ermmm think it was a joke
    just a guess tho

ReputationRep:
    Hey Saree, a Mario fan! Same here, I hope he kicks ass next year and doesn't go out to a random Spanish guy in the 4th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiantang)
    Hehe, I could see that coming :p:

But I mean, out of 5 sets, Venus might have some stamina issues. lol, I don't see why the majority thinks Henman would be whupped, it's as though they've only seen the results and not bothered to watch Henman play...he is quite a decent player, you know! But with all due respects, it would be quite a good match...don't think I could pick out a player outright

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see the interview bits at the end...did Roddick ask Sue Barker out on another date like he did after Queens this year?

ReputationRep:
    i think no.... ya guys think murray is gonna win a grand slam title a few years from now???

And oh, federer is a pure breed of natural talent. There are lots of other people who must have the same talent as he but never got the chance to play tennis. Oh boy

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.