(Original post by YourSideView)
HistoryStudent thas impressive!
aw thanks!
john williams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The best game i can remember watching is the NATWEST final 2/3 yrs ago at Lords, where it was England v India, England scored 300+ and Kaif and Yuvraj battled to reach the target.
Remote
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Venus William would not beat Tim Henman quite simply because she is a women. Men are bigger, stronger and fitter than women and thats the way it is. Thats what would win the match for Henman or any other world class male tennis player.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nasht)
i think no.... ya guys think murray is gonna win a grand slam title a few years from now???
He might fluke the French open in the distant future but he will never be able to beat Federer or any of the other big 5!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ah ok, cool!
White_redrose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nasht)
i think no.... ya guys think murray is gonna win a grand slam title a few years from now???

And oh, federer is a pure breed of natural talent. There are lots of other people who must have the same talent as he but never got the chance to play tennis. Oh boy
I think Murray will probably win one in the future - but his fitness levels will really have to improve to enhance his game. He is talented though, so I think he stands a very good chance. There's no denying the fact that it looks like Federer will continue to dominate for a long while yet though, if he maintains his current standard. Wonder if he'll ever beat Pete's run at Wimbledon, what do you think?
White_redrose
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can't believe tis all over...am suffering severe withdrawal symptoms lol.
sophieD
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by White_redrose)
Can't believe tis all over...am suffering severe withdrawal symptoms lol.
Me too! Neighbours is no substitute!
Go on the bbc sport pages and u can watch highlights of the matches, lol!
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
I think Murray will probably win one in the future - but his fitness levels will really have to improve to enhance his game. He is talented though, so I think he stands a very good chance. There's no denying the fact that it looks like Federer will continue to dominate for a long while yet though, if he maintains his current standard. Wonder if he'll ever beat Pete's run at Wimbledon, what do you think?
Depends if Fed keeps focused on his goals, and keeps fit. Sampras one his last at 30, if Fed can match that, he's got a fair few years left in him. His decision to bring Tony Roche on board shows that he's committed, and wants to raise his level even more, which he's surely capable of doing. I really can't see anyone touching him on grass anymore, he's just too good.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
Depends if Fed keeps focused on his goals, and keeps fit. Sampras won his last at 30, if Fed can match that, he's got a fair few years left in him. His decision to bring Tony Roche on board shows that he's committed, and wants to raise his level even more, which he's surely capable of doing. I really can't see anyone touching him on grass anymore, he's just too good.
Richy Rich$$
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeh, i think if federer keeps on playing like this, i dont see any reason why he won't be able to equal Sampra's record. His game is perfect but he still wants to improve it! So he's just gonna keep raising the level. Hopefully he will inspire the other top players like Roddick and Hewitt to do the same, then we should see some really excellent tennis between the top seeds in future.

Ive got withdrawal symptons too! At least the US open isn't far off. Who do we reckon we win on the hard courts then? Still Federer?
Gexko
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hello

Wondered if anyone here went to Henley this year or rowed there, or am I the only one on TSR?

Haz
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
The best game i can remember watching is the NATWEST final 2/3 yrs ago at Lords, where it was England v India, England scored 300+ and Kaif and Yuvraj battled to reach the target.
i remember that but i think the Aus vs SA semifinal was a better game
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nope, although a IV from my college went. Decided it was too far and too expensive to go just for the day.
saz_1989
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This caught my eye also, I thought it meant cycling as well. I do cycle, and I love the Tour de France. Come on Lance!!!
CharXlotte
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think the best way for anyone else to prepare is to pray that Federer will have a bad day. On clay, maybe Nadal could do it again?
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by CharXlotte)
I think the best way for anyone else to prepare is to pray that Federer will have a bad day. On clay, maybe Nadal could do it again?
Hard Courts are the only chance anyone else has got, even if it's inevitable that Federer will try to step up several notches on hard surfaces too.
CharXlotte
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wow we have a lot of talent floating about here! *very impressed*
Tindo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Check this out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4118708.stm
bs.uk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
probly slightly off topic but anyway - 1 thing i hate about wimbledon, everybody wants to play tennis even all the chavs have to play and when i want a decent game of tennis, the courts are always full with people who only play during wimbledon season and most of them have never played before...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.51%
No - but I will (19)
5.67%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (162)
48.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise