Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    Real Madrid has to be, they are the only club offering the amount he wants and theres no other club who can match that
    :eek: Have you heard of Chelsea? :eek:
    But, i agree, if he does leave, which i still don't think it's certain that he will (how naive!), i reckon it'll be Real

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea can only offer £90,000 a week and Makelele is already on 100k+ a week and most of their players are on silly money already and thats not even considering the transfer fee. They do have to be a bit sensible you know...

ReputationRep:
    lol, every time flicked to live8 during the Aus vs Eng natwest final the aussies took a wicket... do I did that heaps

ReputationRep:
    I see Gerrard as more as a Juve or Barcelona player than a Real one.

ReputationRep:
    just think who we could buy

aimar, ballack, kuyt...

ReputationRep:
    I was just reading this article on FC United of Manchester, I reckon its a pretty good idea (im not a man U fan by the way, arsenal all the way) and I quite like the notion of a grassroots support club. But im not sure as to the success of this venture. What do you think, will FCUM EVER challenge Man United?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb1986)
    just think who we could buy

aimar, ballack, kuyt...
    aimar-not as good as Gerrard
    Ballack-not as good as Gerrard
    Kuyt-not as good as Gerrard
    my mouth's watering with the thought of such buys

ReputationRep:
    I would say Ballack is Gerrards equal, and combined the three are definatley better than Gerrard

ReputationRep:
    I think theres more chance of AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons meeting, than the two Man U teams. FC United will probably just wither away as soon as Man U start having some more success, or even a few decent buys.

ReputationRep:
    Well considering that Man U have had their highest ever season ticket sales for this season - I consider their fans to be all talk and this doesnt bode well for this team...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    lol, I dare you to use em to get to Huxley every morning , it'll cut your journey from 40 seconds to 20 seconds! Hey 50% of time saved !
    i'll have you know, it takes like 2 mins 33 seconds to get to huxley! so i could do it i guess... but i'd have to get down the stairs in my skates as well... always a problem!

ReputationRep:
    i thought the final was awesome, despite the low score. The collapse of the top order batsmen was slightly worrying for the Ashes though, but I think England still stand a good chance and can possibly even win the test series.

ReputationRep:
    Yes its bloody irritating, was glad sharapova got knocked out in the semis.

ReputationRep:
    According to reports, Gerrard currently earns £60,000 per week at Anfield. It is claimed Real will pay him up to £130,000 per week, with Chelsea going no higher than £90,000

£130, 000, jeeez.

ReputationRep:
    Yea and he rejected £100,000 a week at Liverpool! :eek: Crrazzzzyy

Handed in transfer request: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/4653041.stm

I'm well dissapointed in Gerrard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    Yeah but with those in our team its better then gerrard who wants to leave and get more money.

We win more games without gerrard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    Aimar is pretty damn incredible!!
    As is Ballack!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Garibaldi)
    I would say Ballack is Gerrards equal, and combined the three are definatley better than Gerrard
    lol what use is it if they are only equally as good combined, if you can get the same skill in one player. However Ballack is probably just as good, its just he doesnt play in the Prem so the media dont hype him up.

ReputationRep:
    Yep
    Club
    Nets/Fielding excercises (I just hazard a guess at what speed i bowl its spin so it doesnt matter)
    Women's cricket should be given more promotion on TV, it is worthwhile. I know many who play at my age level, some can bowl out the male batters in the nets. Female Cricket just needs expertise coaching and few clubs are ready to offer women only teams.

ReputationRep:
    Armstong for 7? God yes.

Reasons for: Little opposition. Ullrich is unfit(as always), Basso has an unwilling team. The Italians (Simoni+Cunego) are "tired." Vinokourov doesnt sem to have enough strength in the mountains.
    He's retireing: Is it like Armstrong to go quietly?
    Zabriskie looks set to relenquish his yellow jersey in today's Team Time Trial, which looks set to be dominated by Discovery.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.