Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lampard is the better player but Gerrard is the better captain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    Lol!

The good thing about Mourinho is that he doesn't buy the "highest rated" players (which is what Real Madrid do); so now he has a growing side with talent such as Robben, Makelele, but then again you also end up with players like...Drogba (major error).
    It's worth noting that Chelsea's best players have not been Mourinho's genius findings. The defence was already there with Bridge, Terry and Gallas, it was bolstered with Carvalho (only really came into his own later in the season) and Ferreira. Lampard had a good season last year, Makelele was bought by Ranieri. As was, erm, Cech. And Robben, well Jose....nope, Ranieri bought him too. Duff and Cole were good "finds" for Mour........Ranieri. Mourinho's big signing of Drogba hasn't really delivered as expected but in fairness it's only his first season and he's still scored something like 15 goals.

Re Lampard v Gerrard, not really sure tbh. Lampard has been excellent this year and Gerrard mediocre but has still scored a good number of important goals. Last year Gerrard was the best in the country by a long way, never seen a midfielder carry a side so well like he did. In terms of ability "on paper", Lampard is more of a Scholes player - playmaking and darting into the box late. Gerrard is the more all round and has better defensive duties but maybe not intellegent enough with his runs forward (but doesnt have enough around him for that to improve atm). SG can probably play in every outfield position and play well. His natural talent is phenomenal and he's still learning whereas I think Lampard has peaked.

ReputationRep:
    As a biased Chelsea supporter I say Lampard but only just. Lampard has scored so many important goals and shined when Chelsea were playing quite bad. He's the man to rely on and he has delivered. On the other hand, Gerrard has had to shine in a pretty hit and miss Liverpool team and he has done his job well.

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt, Frank Lampard.

(Original post by kpg)
    It's worth noting that Chelsea's best players have not been Mourinho's genius findings. The defence was already there with Bridge, Terry and Gallas, it was bolstered with Carvalho (only really came into his own later in the season) and Ferreira. Lampard had a good season last year, Makelele was bought by Ranieri. As was, erm, Cech. And Robben, well Jose....nope, Ranieri bought him too. Duff and Cole were good "finds" for Mour........Ranieri. Mourinho's big signing of Drogba hasn't really delivered as expected but in fairness it's only his first season and he's still scored something like 15 goals.

Re Lampard v Gerrard, not really sure tbh. Lampard has been excellent this year and Gerrard mediocre but has still scored a good number of important goals. Last year Gerrard was the best in the country by a long way, never seen a midfielder carry a side so well like he did. In terms of ability "on paper", Lampard is more of a Scholes player - playmaking and darting into the box late. Gerrard is the more all round and has better defensive duties but maybe not intellegent enough with his runs forward (but doesnt have enough around him for that to improve atm). SG can probably play in every outfield position and play well. His natural talent is phenomenal and he's still learning whereas I think Lampard has peaked.
    I find myself completely agreeing with everything you've just said. Lampard does seem to have reached his full potential, and hopefully (from an England perspective) he will sustain it. Gerrard does seem to be learning to change and improve. He has taken this season to adapt to the role that Benitez wants him to play. This involves a more impatient and intelligent game, whereas before he was allowed a free run on the field - which is fine when the rest of the team is mediocre, but not when you're trying to build up a successful team. Basically, Gerrard's still quite young, and I feel that he can only improve alongside an amazing player in Alonso under Rafael Benitez.

ReputationRep:
    YEAH! on HUUUUUUUGE ships! (60m!) only once a year though , but I have a RYA competent crew award! I live nowhere near the coast, so I can't go more often. LOVE it!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Thought I would share this as I'm in a horsey mood. Seen on another forum where a breeder is giving up.

Colt Foal by Lux Z (striking black yearling colt out of Grade A Purioso mare £2000
    Filly by Quick Star yearling colt out of Grade A Purioso mare £2000
    Filly yearling Kiglee (Darco) x Cavalier x Wolfgang mare. £2000
    Filly 2 year old Polanski x Samber x Cocktail £2000
    Filly 2 year old San Remo X Krack C £2000
    Furst Picolo x Donatello 2 year old filly £2000
    Obelisk x Voltaire filly 2 years old £2000
    Cavalier Z x out of Grade A purioso mare £2000
    Optimist x Ferro X Wolfgang 2 year old filly £2000
    Voltaire x Furioso year old £2000

sickening isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    Sailing here on the west coast is awesome. When i settle down i hope to buy a 24-26 foot sailboat and sail on the weekends.

ReputationRep:
    Oooo I could do with the Furst Picolo x Donatello filly. Shame I havent got any money to spare...
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by lekha85)
    Oooo I could do with the Furst Picolo x Donatello filly. Shame I havent got any money to spare...
    I was more partial to the Optimist x Ferro X Wolfgang filly

pretty good breedings though

ReputationRep:
    yeh i sail during the summer up here in cold Aberdeen! iv been in the sea cadets for nearly 7 years and they offer sailing all for free pretty much. its a great chance to get heaps of sailing qualifications too and try out other watersports too like rowing (pulling) which i enjoy alot! ive got sailing rya level 2 plus other qualifications through the sea cadets such as competent crew too!

I did the RYA Advanced Blue course last year, then went on to do the instructorship. It's getting me down the fact that I don't have as much time to sail anymore. The lakes around here are absolutely nothing compared to Brightlingsea etc where I used to sail.

My dad and i did up an old Merlin Rocket we'd bought for £50. It goes like anything now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catjackson)
    yeh i sail during the summer up here in cold Aberdeen!
    I went on a voyage that started in aberdeen.... it was bl**dy freezing! (later in the voyage it decided to hail... in july.... )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *steph 247*)
    I went on a voyage that started in aberdeen.... it was bl**dy freezing! (later in the voyage it decided to hail... in july.... )

yeh im really not surprised...although its not all bad, from june to august its ok...if u have a wetsuit u'll be ok!!

when you say voyage, what kind of boat was it in?

ReputationRep:
    60m brig! none of that small fry dinghy stuff for me!!!

60m brig! none of that small fry dinghy stuff for me!!!
    I'd rather take out an oppy. :rolleyes:

Anyone for an oppy race?

ReputationRep:
    whats an oppy? I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to smaller stuff.... I don't have much chance to try anything other than brigs, though I think I might try some stuff in my gap yr

my bf does....

whats an oppy? I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to smaller stuff.... I don't have much chance to try anything other than brigs, though I think I might try some stuff in my gap yr
    Think of your bath tub. Add to this your broomstick and attach bed linen appropriately. Add to this a piece of rudder-shaped driftwood and you're almost there.

Best served cold, and wet, and miserable.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who does sail and she gets all theses bruises on her arms and legs, and blisters on her hands and sunburn, and once, she got caught under her boat (and all the rigging, sails, whatever they're called) when it went on its side, and she almost drowned!

Nonetheless, she enjoys it, and I still wish I could sail, though on a bigger boat than what she uses.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.