Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rasta)
    I say a max wage of £1000 a week for footballers - they'd still be earning way more than they deserve anyway!
    Poor Jimmy.

ReputationRep:
    dont you agree with a fresh challenge i like to think thats more what its about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YourSideView)
    dont you agree with a fresh challenge i like to think thats more what its about
    Something different.

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Got your attention easily enough. Good good.
    Nyah, it's just we've been through this so many times before, just go back through the previous posts.

ReputationRep:
    i think theyre both pretty even, but gerrad is more defensive and lampard is more attacking.

ReputationRep:
    i prefer lampard but only cos i like his attacking play...

ReputationRep:
    Well he did get Yellow but only just, poor Zabriskie, clipping his wheel just outside the 1km to go banner. Let see whether Discovery be able to ride with the jersey to Paris now.

ReputationRep:
    They'll let the jersey go tomorrow i reckon, defend it in the mountains.

ReputationRep:
    paris

london doesnt need the expense; think of the overcrowded sardine tines that are known as tubes.
    think of hackney marsh (a place i frequent daily) turned into a coach park!
    think of the massive cost! they say £5bn but its probably going to be closer to £10bn apparently!
    plus all the environmental damage on the canals.. and the things that we''ll never use again up in stratford.

they talk about regeneration but why not just regenerate the area anyway if it needs it that bad? it shouldnt take the olympics to force these important updates!

(Original post by YourSideView)
    i prefer lampard but only cos i like his attacking play...
    No more attacking than Gerrard, just has scored a few more. Gerrard at least does something exciting with the ball, whereas Lampard occupies his little space outside the box, and makes his pot shots at goal. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    U should have gone its always worth a day at Henley

Just keep away from the enclosures if you want to save money, or even better just go to the free wine, free gin, free fruit juice stalls on rotation all afternoon if you want to be really cheap.

:rolleyes:
    Yeah, but I'd have had to leave really early (think they were on first in the day and I live 2½ hours away) and parking is meant to be insanely expensive. One year when I'm older and richer, maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rasta)
    I say a max wage of £1000 a week for footballers - they'd still be earning way more than they deserve anyway!
    Hehe, a bit extreme don't you think?

Footballers do have short careers, so have to get as much money as possible while playing I suppose - although 100k / week is more than enough to retire on surely, and one could argue they shouldn't spend so lavishly.

ReputationRep:
    opta stats on chelseas midfield + gerrard
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...el=premiership

ReputationRep:
    chelsea would be unbeatable if that was to happen. I just think chelsea needs a better striker though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    No more attacking than Gerrard, just has scored a few more. Gerrard at least does something exciting with the ball, whereas Lampard occupies his little space outside the box, and makes his pot shots at goal. :rolleyes:

there you go arguing with me again Lampard occupies his little space outside the box, and makes his pot shots at goal. even you know that’s a load of b******! he was a close call to player of the season and produced some magic like his two goals against Bayern oh yeah and he won the Football Writers' Footballer of the Year award. Plus he has been more influential for England in recent games

ReputationRep:
    After the Steven Gerrard saga, the answer to the original question can only be a resounding yes. Although this also applies to Real Madrid but this is nothing new for them.

To use the player's agents and the national press to turn a player who has everything he could ever wish for, and more. To turn a player living the dream of millions of kids. To turn a player like Steven Gerrard against the football club that nurchered and developed Gerrard since childhood is a sickening day for football. What is left to cling onto if a player like Steven Gerrard cannot show loyalty? Take a bow Mr Abramovich. Mr Kenyon. Mr Mourinho. Mr Marshall. Mr Harris. Mr Lawton and every other football journalist of a national newspaper and every other leaching parasite aka football agent. You are killing the beautiful game.

ReputationRep:
    COME ON LANCE!!!!!!

Lance is going to win. Look at how strong the Discovery Channel team are - not one of them was dropped today. I doubt they care if they lose the jersey tomorrow - they'll get it back by miles in the mountains.

Ullrich always looks a little overweight and Lance overtaking him in the first time trial will no doubt have unnerved him. I do feel sorry for Zabriskie though. He's really gonna feel that tomorrow.

I think Lance has got that killer instinct and there's no way he's gonna let someone else get his jersey without the world's biggest fight!

ReputationRep:
    London will win!

Insider info....

ReputationRep:
    Bolton sign Oman keeper Ali

LONDON: Bolton Wanderers have signed Oman goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi who will join the English Premiership club in January when he completes his commitments to Norwegian side Lyn Oslo.

The 23-year-old, rated the best shot-stopper in Asia, will join Bolton on a three-and-a-half year deal.

“I've always wanted to play in the Premiership and it is very special that Bolton want me to play for them,” Al Habsi told the Bolton website.

“The club is going places and I was impressed with Sam Allardyce's hopes for the future.

“With my strong ambition and Bolton's desire to be a top club in Europe, the partnership fits perfectly.”

And he has vowed to dislodge Finland keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen as the number one goalkeeper at the Reebok Stadium.

“The move itself is a big step because I'm still young and I have a good future ahead of me. This is a big deal for the history of Arabian and Asian football because I will be the first goalkeeper from the region to play in the English Premier League.”

Habsi was voted the best keeper in Norway last season and won the same honour at the last two Gulf Cups.

Allardyce said Bolton had been monitoring Al Habsi for some time.

“Ali has a massive presence in front of goal and will add much needed competition in a key area for us.

“He aspires to be a great keeper in the Premiership and we'll certainly give him the platform he needs to become a respected player in the best league in the world,” the Bolton manager said.

Al Habsi joined Lyn Oslo in January 2003 when he became the first Oman player to play professional football in Europe.

He started his club career at Al Mudhaibi and also played for top Omani side Al-Nasser.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...797&sec=sports

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/java...~585783,00.jpg

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.