Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yer i went to henley on thursday, was quite cool.... though didnt really watch any races tbh, only one - the coxless four wyfold one cos my club was racing. I had a ticket for stewards and dress but never went in, prolly go in nxt yr, mite actually b able to cox nxt yr if i have no exams

Was quite a cool day, shuffled around a bench for half of it with a group of lads trying to keep the rain off - thers me with my pink umbrella Was gona go camp ther on saturday until sunday but couldnt grab hold of a tent unforunately. It was starnge seeing loads of ppl dressed so smart for a regatta, but was very gd day!!

i live in bedford so henley isnt too far away from me, though it took like 2hrs 1/2 by coach with traffic which was a tad annoying

ReputationRep:
    if he beats rudeski, then he must go get a match between him and henman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Although on a much more immature note, I would like to say this:

Up yours, Chirac.
    i bet he'll have to eat the humble pie while at gleneagles and complain

ReputationRep:
    the olympics will regain more money than it costs, and dont be fooled into thinking only london benefits. there will be events taking place all over the UK, and facilities to match.

dont think so short term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb1986)
    wow two jokes in one thread
    well lets put it this way - £32 m for one player in a position where players like tiago, jarosik can fill is too much - either gerrard or lampard will also suffer

plus Duff could go to Liverpool as a part of the deal, someone who is getting better as the games come.

ReputationRep:
    Latest from the french media:

- London won because it hid all its problems from the ICO
    - London won because of anglo-saxon solidarity, and its influence over the ICO
    - London won because Tony Blair is an anglo-saxon statesmen with influence
    - London won because of the pressure on the ICO from the american sponsors who are, er, anglo-saxon?
    - London won because we used David Beckham because he is popular with sponsors
    - London won because Sebastian Coe is a good icon and friendly with members of the ICO (but Sebastian Coe is also arrogant, *show clip of Coe refusing to be interviewed by French TV*)

ReputationRep:
    Erm hi, sorry to resurrect a bit of an old thread but I love sailing!
    There's a lake right near me where I sail, but the nearest club... well isn't very near!

I raced Laser (full rig) this weekend at some sea cadet regatta and there were about 30 boats like Picos and Toppers and Bosuns racing... but I'm not very good at racing, so I blame my result on lack of racing practice.

Ive never sailed an Oppy and Im not planning to, ever, and I dont like the look of the Mirror either.

Ive sailed on yachts and tall ships too and if I could have my way Id probably live on a boat or by a lake!

Whereabouts does anyone else sail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloader)
    i heard it will be more like £3Bn - 4Bn.
    (Original post by technik)
    the olympics will regain more money than it costs, and dont be fooled into thinking only london benefits. there will be events taking place all over the UK, and facilities to match.(They're building £200M stadia all over the country? My God that's even more expensive than I first thought)
    FINANCE:

COSTS:
    £1.5billion to run the Games.

New venues will cost £560million, including £250million on a new Olympic Stadium at Stratford, east London.

£650million for the athletes' village.

£200million on security - less than half the amount spent by Athens.

The Government will spend £800million redeveloping the Lower Lea Valley - this is not included in the Olympic budget.

Around £7billion spent on improving London's infrastructure such as the Channel Tunnel Rail Link and extension of the East London line.

INCOME
    A special Olympic Lottery competition will provide £1.5billion.

International Olympic Committee TV and marketing deals will bring in £560million.

Sponsorship and official suppliers - £450million.

Ticket revenues will be £300million.

£60million will be earned through licensing.

The London Development Agency are putting in £250million.

Up to £625million will come from the council tax increase of £20 per year per London household.

ReputationRep:
    Should be good!:2012:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernando)
    well lets put it this way - £32 m for one player in a position where players like tiago, jarosik can fill is too much - either gerrard or lampard will also suffer

plus Duff could go to Liverpool as a part of the deal, someone who is getting better as the games come.
    Nah, players like Duff wouldn't want to leave, nor would he be sold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    Latest from the french media:

- London won because it hid all its problems from the ICO
    - London won because of anglo-saxon solidarity, and its influence over the ICO
    - London won because Tony Blair is an anglo-saxon statesmen with influence
    - London won because of the pressure on the ICO from the american sponsors who are, er, anglo-saxon?
    - London won because we used David Beckham because he is popular with sponsors
    - London won because Sebastian Coe is a good icon and friendly with members of the ICO (but Sebastian Coe is also arrogant, *show clip of Coe refusing to be interviewed by French TV*)
    jacques food comment was probably more influencial than any of those

ReputationRep:
    Pwned; british humour at its best.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    While the people think this is probably the case, the media are pursuing the anglo-saxon, dirty tricks line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    Nah, players like Duff wouldn't want to leave, nor would he be sold.
    thats why it wouldnt happen + noone would want him to leave

ReputationRep:
    That's what I thought but surely they wouldn't be that shallow. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    bend knees, stagger feet and lean back slightly.

Oh and err.... Approach with moderate speed

ReputationRep:
    I will now be able to fulfil one of my life goals

*Watch an olympic games

WOOOOO!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    FINANCE:

COSTS:
    £1.5billion to run the Games.

New venues will cost £560million, including £250million on a new Olympic Stadium at Stratford, east London.

£650million for the athletes' village.

£200million on security - less than half the amount spent by Athens.

The Government will spend £800million redeveloping the Lower Lea Valley - this is not included in the Olympic budget.

Around £7billion spent on improving London's infrastructure such as the Channel Tunnel Rail Link and extension of the East London line.

INCOME
    A special Olympic Lottery competition will provide £1.5billion.

International Olympic Committee TV and marketing deals will bring in £560million.

Sponsorship and official suppliers - £450million.

Ticket revenues will be £300million.

£60million will be earned through licensing.

The London Development Agency are putting in £250million.

Up to £625million will come from the council tax increase of £20 per year per London household.

increased TAXES!!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    gerrard is an idiot wanting to live in liverpool for the rest of his career

how could any1 turn down living in chelsea or madrid

its true, footballers have no brains

ReputationRep:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...on/gerrard.swf

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.