Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    FC United are a disgrace, the fans running to them are giving up on Manchester United and i for one am glad we dont have these touts with the club anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Are you blaming the hooliganism problem that plagued English football on Millwall?! I'm sure Chelsea had (have) a few 'firms' that'll contest that issue.

btw, watch out for the Gerrard-Chelsea-Liverpool stories in the sunday papers. Kenyon has been flexing his muscles again :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Are you blaming the hooliganism problem that plagued English football on Millwall?! I'm sure Chelsea had (have) a few 'firms' that'll contest that issue.
    Chelsea have had their moments too but they weren't as bad as Millwall and stopped. Plus look at fascism in football - Leeds and Fiorentina. Then look at really bad violence - Rangers and Celtic. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't see where Fascism and Leeds link together but fair enough.

Hooliganism has always been a problem and to an extent always will be. I don't see how it can be compared to big money ruining football :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Whos gunna see them play? i live pretty close to TNS and know a lot of people at my college are going because the TNS youth draft are based the college! lets here ya views and score predictions!

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool will win IMO.

ReputationRep:
    The best i can do for the first leg is watch the second half and the end of the first half in the pub after work. I think TNS will win over the two legs :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hi 4Ed,

... I've been doing a bit of ice-skating lately But not roller-blading, no

Either way they're both fun. Just not when your friends laugh at you if you fall on your bum :rolleyes: Ok jst jks, I love it and I'm actually glad it's winter where I live right now, it's giving me an excuse to try out different sports :cool:

BTW how's croquet going?? :eek:

Hope you're enjoying your hols as best as you can,

DB_xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Liverpool will win IMO.
    :eek: You think? You shouldnt make predictions like that when anyone can win on the day :rolleyes:

But TNS are even recruiting for players on the internet, so if you dont get tickets pop on some footy boots and you can watch a Liverpool practice session close up.

ReputationRep:
    TNS gave man city a run for thier money so dont expect a walkover...remember ak graz last season.....

ReputationRep:
    everyone complains that chelsea only win because they have most money, but it is true that they only won the league because they had the most money. i am a chelsea fan, and people have to recognise that invariably, the richest club wins because they can afford the best players. it's simple. there are occasions where people spend lots of money, as i believe that houllier's liverpool atrocities were mentioned, and don't win, but normally, you will get the best teams having the best players because they can afford it. if it was your club you'd be the first to tell everyone to shut up. the fact is that chelsea are not ruining football. we bought damien duff from blackburn, and gave them money to buy savage etc - someone who i don't actually rate but is a useful player. more money in the english game is great, and gives poorer clubs the chance to cash in on their better players. i don't see the problem at all, it's just jealousy.

ReputationRep:
    Anything can happen. Depends on team moral when they play. Let's face it, it hasn't been a bed of roses at the 'pool camp recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    :eek: You think? You shouldnt make predictions like that when anyone can win on the day :rolleyes:
    Anyone can win on the day yes. Wonder if you'd say the same if it was England v Scotland or something like that. :p:

(Original post by john williams)
    But TNS are even recruiting for players on the internet
    Woah. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can win on the day yes. Wonder if you'd say the same if it was England v Scotland or something like that. :p:

Woah. :eek:
    You gonna apply then ND...??

ReputationRep:
    They want to see an amateur version of Ronaldinho. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    They want to see an amateur version of Ronaldinho. :eek:
    With or without the teeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    With or without the teeth.
    Without.

ReputationRep:
    Without.
    Phew, just had this awful image in my head.

ReputationRep:
    Why are they recruiting players on the internet then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    I still don't see where Fascism and Leeds link together but fair enough.
    Leeds have a high proportion of fascist supporters more so than most other English clubs.

(Original post by kpg)
    Hooliganism has always been a problem and to an extent always will be. I don't see how it can be compared to big money ruining football :confused:
    Are you saying that money in football is worse than hooliganism when people can die from such activities?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.